Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Hi, guys!

This popped up on the Writer's Digest website a few years back, and it was a really fun idea, so I thought I'd bring it over here. Since October is the month for scary stuff -- ghosts and goblins and evil villains winning out over the good guys, let's take it a step further.

In no more than 75 words (INCLUDING the title of the piece) write a take-off of a well known story, fairy tale, or movie from the POV of the VILLAIN, where he gets his revenge. Whether it's back from the grave to wreck havoc on the survivors (think about the hand shooting up from the grave to grab the last survivor in the movie Carrie,) or planning one last surprise for the good guy to find (like a bomb in the shower, etc.) Try not to mention specific names or titles so we don't run afoul of copyright issues. Be just vague enough that probably everyone will figure it out.

Here's my offering! I look forward to seeing the rest:

Fixing the Future

She woke and looked down. No! Not the slippers! Blind fury took her. That silly twit would never win! The future appeared as fragments of possibilities. In her sister’s tower, monkeys screamed in fear as vials moved and opened unaided. Noxious fumes joined hissing incantations. She poured the brew into the bucket. As she faded, she smiled evilly. "Let them celebrate. Once the girl returns to Kansas, my sister will live again."

:D