PDA

View Full Version : Did I make a terrible mistake???

ScottyG
10-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Oh god, someone please tell me this won't ruin my chances of getting published.

I just sent all of my proposals out, polished and perfected to my top pick of publishers and I just realized I forgot to sign the coversheet with my signature.

Give it to me straight, how bad of a mistake was that?

Scott

Vanessa
10-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Oh god, someone please tell me this won't ruin my chances of getting published.

I just sent all of my proposals out, polished and perfected to my top pick of publishers and I just realized I forgot to sign the coversheet with my signature.

Give it to me straight, how bad of a mistake was that?

Scott

Did you type your name there?

Button
10-01-2005, 09:55 PM
If you typed your name somewhere and had contact information... it may not be such a terrible mistake.

Besides, the proof is in the proposal. ;)

ScottyG
10-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Yes, I had the Sincerely... yada yada, left a space for my signature, then my typed name. And of course all of my contact info. I just forgot to personally sign all of my coversheets.

So what do you think? Any publishers or editors out there? Will this hurt me?

Leyla
10-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Surely I hope their not that strict. I wouldn't think that would be a big deal. Then again I could be wrong.

OneTeam OneDream
10-02-2005, 12:01 AM
It isn't the SAT's, its a proposal. If it was something they think they could sell, you could have written it in crayon....if its not something they could sell, it wouldn't matter if you wrote it in gold.

AncientEagle
10-02-2005, 12:20 AM
Well said.

Pat~
10-02-2005, 12:41 AM
Anyway, it's better than sending your SASE without the stamp (guilty!). If your proposal is what they're after, they'll hardly notice your missing signature.

ScottyG
10-02-2005, 02:33 AM
I feel better now, because yes, I wrote a killer proposal that I feel very good about. Thanks for the input everyone!

Lauri B
10-03-2005, 01:16 AM
Scotty,
No one is even going to notice. I promise.

JAlpha
10-03-2005, 01:32 AM
I think it makes you look incredibly busy--a mover, a shaker, you've got lots of projects up in the air, someone the editor needs to pay attention to NOW, before someone else diverts your attention.

Very clever stradegy, Are you sure you didn't do it on purpose :ROFL: