PDA

View Full Version : Mouth ulcers

seun
12-05-2010, 03:06 PM
I have two ulcers just below my bottom lip and four more on my tongue. They've come out of nowhere. I have eaten a tube of Bonjela, necked a pack of Rinsteads and rinsed my mouth out with salt water. And still, I can't get rid of the little bastards.

I have nothing more to say other than AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.

ETA: Thought I better mention this isn't a thread for me to get medical advice on my revolting mouth. Medical threads have been locked for understandable reasons so let's keep this one light and fluffy. :) Of course, if my tongue falls off, I will sue all you for not telling me what to do.

Mr Flibble
12-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Eat a Marmite sandwich, The pain is good for getting rid of ulcers:evil

seun
12-05-2010, 03:15 PM
I'd rather eat my own foot. :tongue

mccardey
12-05-2010, 03:20 PM
I'd rather eat my own foot

That's fine. Spread with marmite first.... ;)

seun
12-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Stop trying to get me to eat Marmite. It's not going to happen.

Filthy deviants. :D

mirandashell
12-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Salt water isn't going to work. You have to put raw salt on the ulcers. Stand the pain for as long as you can then rinse your mouth out.

Sorry.

seun
12-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Salt water isn't going to work. You have to put raw salt on the ulcers. Stand the pain for as long as you can then rinse your mouth out.

:Jaw:Raw salt on ulcers? Sounds like something in a Saw film. Anyway, I'm off to Boots to get them to look at my disgusting tongue. I'll tell them what you said about the salt. :D

scarletpeaches
12-05-2010, 06:40 PM
The only cure is decapitation.

Georgia Lee
12-05-2010, 06:42 PM
start taking a l-lysine supplement (it's an amino acid, you can find it in any pharmacy) daily and it will help to get rid of the quickly.

mirandashell
12-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Seriously, salt will do it. It hurts but it works.

tiny
12-05-2010, 07:24 PM
My dad gets mouth ulcers because of the medication he takes for his RA. The doctor scripted him folic acid. He's been fairly ulcer free since he started taking it.

alleycat
12-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Salt water isn't going to work. You have to put raw salt on the ulcers. Stand the pain for as long as you can then rinse your mouth out..
Put the raw salt on marmite and put that on the ulcer.

Then rinse your mouth out. A lot.

seun
12-05-2010, 08:01 PM
The only cure is decapitation.

Put the raw salt on marmite and put that on the ulcer.

I'd go for SP's suggestion before getting involved in Marmite. Anyway, I'm back from Boots with an overpriced mouthwash and a gel which looks suspiciously familiar.

mirandashell
12-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Folic acid? Isn't that the stuff pregnant women take?

mirandashell
12-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Look, stop being a wuss and wasting your money, just use the salt.

Haggis
12-05-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm back from Boots with an overpriced mouthwash and a gel which looks suspiciously familiar.

Marmite?

seun
12-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Look, stop being a wuss and wasting your money, just use the salt.

I'll make you a deal. If my ulcers are no better by tomorrow when I get home from work, I will do the salt. And you will hear me scream like a little girl.

tiny
12-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Folic acid? Isn't that the stuff pregnant women take?

Yup. Works beautifully. His whole mouth was covered in them until he finally went to the doctor about it. He takes high doses. But whenever I get them (not often) I either drink purple grape juice or get some extra folic in my diet. They go away pretty quick.

alleycat
12-05-2010, 08:08 PM
And you will hear me scream like a little girl.
Well, at least you'll make scarletpeaches happy.

amyashley
12-05-2010, 08:10 PM
I get them often in relation to the autoimmune disease I have. They SUCK BUTT.

I'd give you the name of the foul tasting numbing stuff I buy over the counter, but it is probably totally different stuff in Europe.

Just be careful what you eat. Ice cream works.

seun
12-05-2010, 08:15 PM
I get them often in relation to the autoimmune disease I have. They SUCK BUTT.

I'd give you the name of the foul tasting numbing stuff I buy over the counter, but it is probably totally different stuff in Europe.

Probably similar to what I got from the chemist. I laughed when I read the instructions to not let the tongue touch the ulcer. A bit difficult when they're on my tongue.

Priene
12-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Half a pint of Talisker should do the trick.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
12-05-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm seeing a lot of medical advice in a thread on a forum that doesn't support medical advice. And seeing as how I can't find much 'fluffy and light' to say about mouth ulcers, I think I'll close this one.

Say 'buh-bye'.