PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a writing buddy (UF)

maggi90w1
12-04-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm not sure if I got the concept of a writing buddy straight, but I'm looking for a fellow writer who would like to
- give and get feedback on ideas, plot, characters etc.
- give and get support during the writing process
- motivate and be motivated
- chat about life and writing in general (not a must of course)

Actual beta reading is an option, but I'm not sure if I could be of much help, because English isn't my native language so I'm not good at spotting grammar or spelling mistakes.

I'm working on the first part of an urban fantasy series (4 or 5 books overall). The first part is fully plotted and I started writing about 3 weeks ago (15 000 words written right now).The rest of the story is roughly plotted.
It might or might not be YA (more likely not, but I'm not sure).

So, if you are interested, give me a post (other UF writer preferred, but I'm open to other genres as well)

WalkingContradiction
12-04-2010, 11:39 PM
I'd be interested.

I love plotting and tossing around ideas.

I'm too in the beginning of a novel. It's not UF though (I don't really know what it is.. It's about the conflict between science and religion, and it has some romance in it).

UF isn't what I normally read, though I enjoy critiquing text from a friend who writes it. It depends on the exact story, werewolves or vampires aren't my thing for instance.

I'm relatively new to writing with the intention of getting published, but after having read some books on it and having received a lot of advice here, I feel competent enough for the basics. English isn't my native language either, but it almost seems like it is now. I'm fluent in German but when I try writing it, I make way too many grammar mistakes (especially capitalization!).

Send me a PM if you're interested, then we can discuss it further.

maggi90w1
12-05-2010, 01:56 AM
Still looking for a fellow fantasy writer.

Sunlight Shadows
12-05-2010, 06:46 AM
Maggi, I'd be up for it. I've answered to a few of these without getting much of anywhere.

I've got on YA UF - it has vampires, I shall warn you upfront - that's probably a trilogy, but only book one's done. I'm kind of desperate for feedback, since I want to start sending it out soon. I've got other ideas I'd like to bounce around (a dystopian and an MG fantasy, neither of which I'm too comfortable with).

I love hearing what other people are working on, and I like your definition of a writing buddy. English is my first language, but I unfortunately don't know any German.

PM me if you're interested, kay?

~Sunny

dragonangel517
12-07-2010, 02:56 AM
Add me to the interested list. I currently have a couple of people reading my beginning WIP. Its dark urban fantasy soap opera. I mainly need and want the same thing you are looking for. Any send me a pm, I am on here about every day. That goes for anyone else too.

LunaFancy
12-07-2010, 06:09 AM
Hey I'd be interested too, I'm just finishing a rewrite on an epic(ish) fantasy now, but it should be done by the end of the week.

It's going out on Beta and 'll let it sit til the new year.

Next week I'm going to be hitting the research/outlining stage for an urban (Fae), as well as outlining the sequels for the epic.

So 'd be keen to have a couple of people to bat ideas around with, I'm writing full time for the next couple of months so should be getting lots done. :)

maggi90w1
12-20-2010, 03:34 AM
Still looking...

ReinyDays
12-20-2010, 05:42 AM
Hi there,

I write urban fantasy : ]

If you're interested, here's my email: reiniedays@yahoo.com

J_Jammer
12-22-2010, 11:44 AM
I write Urban Fantasy.

It's called Jeremiah Jericho.

It'll be a trilogy. First book is called Jeremiah Jericho: Allowance
Second book is called Jeremiah Jericho: 42
Third book is called Jeremiah Jericho: Phoenix Ashes

It's a YA.

www.jeremiahjericho.com is my website for the story. Also there's a low budget trailer for the over idea of the book.

I have to practice doing this anyway...
Jeremiah Jericho is 16 and inherited a chip that's placed in his brain that not only opened an empathy world he only dreamed of, but gave him Christopher a know it all voice only he can hear. The problem is his father didn't have the right to give away the chip and the owners want it back.

The chip allows him to toggle other people's emotions, read them like they're computers and there is a single spark of life that exists before someone dies---and he can speak to it. There's more to the chip and only revealed when necessary.

I've been looking for someone that would help me with my story more. I go to a writing group and they have helped a lot, but I want someone else in the same genre to help. They help with the grammar and the structure, but not the actual story because they are older or they just don't get what's going on and I think revealing too much is unnecessary because I've had other people read it and they get what's going.

I'm more than willing to discuss writing and life and read what you have and help out in anyway possible. Motivation...easy. :tongue

Hope you find someone. :D

GenevieveGoth
01-01-2011, 04:12 AM
I'd be interested.

I'm an Urban Fantasy writer who's looking for pretty much the same things as you are. I'm also working on a series myself. I've got the first book written but I'd love some feedback on it since doubt always seems to creep in. I'm not particularly interested in someone to go in and fix all of my grammatical errors but rather someone who would be more willing to give me feedback on my characters, plot flow and concepts and the general flow for my tale.