Bad Writing - Documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Parker

Sleep is only caffeine deprivation.
Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone planning on seeing the documentary about creative writing, called Bad Writing? It comes out in theaters on December 10, 2010.

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
hmm. maybe. don't know if we'll get it here though.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds interesting. I suppose it will have a limited distribution -- most documentaries do. However if it gets up any steam, I'll be able to get it on Netflix after a bit. ;)

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Too much talk about art for me. Maybe when it comes out on DVD.

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there seems to be no information anywhere on whether it's coming to any city on December 10th. Not very good publicity, if you ask me.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Well they might not have distribution.

But it looks like fun. When the trailer started I was terrified, but then I realised . . . it's called BAD WRITING :) and the rest of the trailer was fun.

Jack Parker

Registered
Reaction score
I'm mostly interested in the author interviews. I hope they're candid and honest and not just watered-down niceties. They sounded pretty honest in the trailer.

Libbie, I sent an e-mail to the film's publicity person to ask about where it will be opening and how wide the distribution of it will be after that. I'll post the information I get. I would expect to hear from them rather quickly.

ETA: Toothpaste: I'm thinking they must have a decent distribution because I saw the trailer on Hulu. Hulu is all about the advertising dollars so, either the producers forked over a lot of money to Hulu and are crossing their fingers that it was (hard to come by) money well spent or their distribution of the documentary will be fairly decent.

Last edited:

Jack Parker

Registered
Reaction score
I just heard back from the producer of Bad Writing about where the film is being released. Here's the e-mail I got back from him.

Hello Jack,

Thanks for your interest in Bad Writing. The film is having a limited
theatrical release before it comes out on DVD and on demand via
indieflix on Dec. 14th. We'd really appreciate it if you would post
this info on your forum.

The film will be playing in

Madison, WI, at the Sundance Cinemas
Mon, Dec 13 – 7:00 p.m.

Los Angles, CA, at the Laemmle Sunset 5
Fri, Dec 10 – 7:00 p.m.
Sat, Dec 11 through Thurs, Dec 16 -- 1:00 p.m. & 9:30 p.m.

San Francisco, CA, at the Roxie
Fri, Dec 10 – 7:00 p.m. & 9:00 p.m.

Austin, TX, at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - South Lamar
Sat, Dec 11 -- 11:00 a.m.
Mon, Dec 13 -- 7:00 p.m.
Tues, Dec 14 -- 7:00 p.m.

NYC at the Landmark Theatre - Sunshine
Mon, Dec 13 -- 7:30 p.m. & 9:00 p.m.

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
Darn! I was hoping I'd get to see it. I understand they're going to have a "streaming from Amazon" feature on the 14th, but unfortunately I don't have enough bandwidth per month to stream a movie.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Darn! I was hoping I'd get to see it. I understand they're going to have a "streaming from Amazon" feature on the 14th, but unfortunately I don't have enough bandwidth per month to stream a movie.

It's nice to be able to stream movies, but in some ways you're lucky. Not long ago, we went from Internet that gave us almost no bandwidth per month to one that gives us 15 Mbs, and almost unlimited bandwidth. It actually works out to being able to stream or download up to 150 movies per month before we have to pay a very small fee.

There are good things about it, but talk about a major time waster. This is it. I have to work on my self-discipline very last day, or the work doesn't get done.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of frustrated writers sounding off, as well as educators chiming in. Not sure what this movies point is going to be from the trailer. Personally, I would love to see them tie it in with readers perspectives and the glut of bad writing hitting the market in whatever form...

Sort of a readers beware documentary....

Status
Not open for further replies.