• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Fictionpress.com betareaders ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chante

Registered
Reaction score
Fictionpress is fanfiction.net's sister site for original fiction if I remember correctly. Take what you will from that.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Any one use Fiction Press beta readers?

http://www.fictionpress.com/betareaders/

Any good? Kind of a strange site. No FAQs, no steps to follow, guidelines, but a long list of potential beta readers. Are they for real?
As someone who has been a member of FictionPress.com for around five years now (it was readers there who spurred me to actually complete my first novel) I can tell you it seriously depends. Some readers are awesome and will do a damned good job for you, others are...well, less good. Just pay close attention to what their beta profile says, and I also usually check their favourite stories from the site, so I know if they do lean toward quality work or not.

Radhika

The Young Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Generally, I don't like the FanFiction/FictionPress family.
The site is very outdated with CSS, and the lack of extreme categorization is very overwhelming for me.
While typing this, I already have over 20 tabs I have to look at, and their many categories and overwhelming thousands aren't very appealing to me.
I also don't take their community as very professional. Just reading a few [a couple months ago] with very improper punctuation just wasn't my type.

I wouldn't like it, and would suggest Writing.com [though it isn't the best, it is quite a bit better] or Protagonize [my favorite site].

Status
Not open for further replies.