PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Rejection

September skies
10-01-2005, 06:18 AM
Being a new writer and not knowing any better.... my first query was to Good Housekeeping magazine. :o

And they sent me back the sweetest rejection ever. Hand written informing me that they did not need that story right now but to please feel free to query them anytime.

For my first rejection....I thought it was nice and I framed it. <lol>

Since then, I've sent out two more and received two "automatic" rejection slips.

But I'll keep trying. And I'm sure I'll get many more. But that first one was a keeper.

lrs
10-01-2005, 06:22 AM
That was rather nice of them. I always get the standard form letter. Just keep trying, or bugging them, as I like to call it and it will happen. I sold one article and with little knowledge of the industry, thought just because of that one, it would be easier to to get published, but not so much. So I'm back to bugging for my second. But I know it will eventually happen again. Good luck!

Greenwolf103
10-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Sorry about your rejection.

You are lucky, though. I never heard back from them at all.

JennaGlatzer
10-01-2005, 01:46 PM
For my first rejection....I thought it was nice and I framed it. <lol>

:Thumbs: You have the right attitude. You're already on your way!

Robin Bayne
10-05-2005, 08:12 PM
:Thumbs: You have the right attitude. You're already on your way!

Agreed!!! You are officially a writer.http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/emoteClap.gif

Susie
10-06-2005, 07:45 AM
Sure wish it had been an acceptance, but keep trying September Skies and you're bound to get an acceptance.

You know, I like "Sweet Rejection" as a title for a romance novel. lol.