Great Unsolved Mysteries of the Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Those peculiar, wee, white bits on the carpet. Where do they all come from? More to the point, what are they? Pieces that have flaked off the eroding ozone layer? Cosmic dandruff? What?!!?

Answers on a postcard, please - or add your own example of things which confuse and mystify you.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Not to put too fine a point on it, but that must be Scottish cosmic dandruff. No American east coast equivalent. :ROFL:

But what I wonder is what component of a hairdryer sounds just like vaguest hint of the telephone ringing?

Last edited:

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Perks said:
But what I wonder is what component of a hairdryer sounds just like vaguest hint of the telephone ringing?
I'd often wondered this, and would love to know the answer because my Dyson also has one.

Speaking of strange noises, there is something that's been bugging me for years now. Some of the world's most brilliant scientific minds, together with a handful of top celebrities and the Whitehouse autoresponder (yeah, I was bored) have collectively and dismally failed to satisfactorily solve this conundrum, and now, in a final act of desperation, I'm throwing it out to you lot. So here it is, the bane of my very existence (ex-wife notwithstanding): Where in the name of Burt Reynolds' mother does that f*cking beep come from? Yeah, that one. The one made by digital watches and calculators and cameras and every other piece of electronic tat in the world that goes beep but contains nothing that vibrates or remotely resembles a f*cking speaker. For the love of God, somebody must know what's doing it!

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
scfirenice said:
I'm not sure about that beep, sorry. Does anyone know why my one year old only sleeps in on days I work and her father is home?

Oh, I know this one! By the eternal transitive property, you are being punished for Eve taking a bite of that apple in the Garden of Eden.

But, Thee Seven, what's a Dyson?

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
Two socks go into the drier.... yep you guessed it... Only one sock emerges....
where the blazing hell is the other sock?

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
Perks said:
Oh, I know this one! By the eternal transitive property, you are being punished for Eve taking a bite of that apple in the Garden of Eden.

But, Thee Seven, what's a Dyson?

Dyson: something that sucks dirt.... it is a new style of vacume cleaner....

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
JoeEkaitis said:
And why do ball parks have only 2 men's restrooms for every 20 beer vendors?
Now you know why the surround the ball parks with trees..... :ROFL:

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Perks said:
Three Seven, what's a Dyson?
It's a vacuum cleaner for men who are handsome, witty, talented and good in bed. And, uh... demand a powerful and versatile vacuum cleaner.

1.jpg

A Dyson DC03, yesterday

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think men who run the vacuum cleaner are sexxy! ;) And I don't have a preference for the vacuum brand, either.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
three seven said:
I'd often wondered this, and would love to know the answer because my Dyson also has one.

Speaking of strange noises, there is something that's been bugging me for years now. Some of the world's most brilliant scientific minds, together with a handful of top celebrities and the Whitehouse autoresponder (yeah, I was bored) have collectively and dismally failed to satisfactorily solve this conundrum, and now, in a final act of desperation, I'm throwing it out to you lot. So here it is, the bane of my very existence (ex-wife notwithstanding): Where in the name of Burt Reynolds' mother does that f*cking beep come from? Yeah, that one. The one made by digital watches and calculators and cameras and every other piece of electronic tat in the world that goes beep but contains nothing that vibrates or remotely resembles a f*cking speaker. For the love of God, somebody must know what's doing it!

Read here

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Dawno, that was immensely helpful. But only in that it was so far removed from what I was talking about that I went on a Googling rampage and managed to find a simple explanation that wasn't there the last time I looked. Excellent.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Two socks go into the drier.... yep you guessed it... Only one sock emerges....
where the blazing hell is the other sock?
In my drier...

(Edited to ask question...) Why does one of my teens want something completely different for every meal, with no repeats for at least a month, while the other one will only eat pasta, pizza and hamburgers?

Last edited:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
three seven said:
Dawno, that was immensely helpful. But only in that it was so far removed from what I was talking about that I went on a Googling rampage and managed to find a simple explanation that wasn't there the last time I looked. Excellent.

Well are you going to tell us what it is? The liklihood of any of us duplicating your Google tantrum is not promising...

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Oh yeah, sorry. Apparently it's a piezoelectric buzzer (a ceramic-laminated metal disc) which produces a 2KHz square wave under applied current.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
My great question: Why will my dog lay under my feet for hours while I am sitting at my desk, get up immediately when I do...start walking as soon as I do...take three steps and then stop dead so that I trip & fall over her? Every time.

Better question: Why do I still never see it coming?

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Another: Why are there always dirty clothes on the floor in the bathroom, beside the EMPTY hamper?!

Status
Not open for further replies.