PDA

View Full Version : Why did you pick your avatar?

Fruitbat
12-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I have this way of actually kinda believing the avatar pic is the one I am speaking too, so it throws me on here when so often it's a male pic so I think it's a guy but it's not, and vice versa. Just the other day on here I thought I was dealing with the Fonz. Yeah, well, happy days to you if y'all think you're normal then... ;o)

Why did you choose your avatar?

... And your screen name?

While we're at it, do you think you're normal? Just wonderin'

Mr Flibble
12-01-2010, 01:50 PM
1 - Because I really do poop rainbows. Sparkly ones.

2 - Because it's best to be upfront about these things.

3 - No.

And I think this might better served in Office Party?

Bmwhtly
12-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Because it's true.

Fruitbat
12-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Why did you choose your avatar? I just picked one from the ones that were offered. Alone in a fantasy land reminded me of writing.

... And your screen name? I thought it was kind of cute and bizarre. (I'd divebomb my own soft head too but I can't reach it ha ha)

While we're at it, do you think you're normal? Just wonderin'[/QUOTE]
Yeah, right. More like it's okay because everybody else is nuts too. ;o)

Fruitbat
12-01-2010, 01:55 PM
1 - Because I really do poop rainbows. Sparkly ones.
LOL!
And I think this might better served in Office Party?
Oh, sorry. Oops.

alleycat
12-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Meow.

(I'm not really a cat ;-)

I change my avatar every week; always some funny or silly cat photo. It's odd, but new members often assume I'm female because I have a cute cat as an avatar; in real life I'm a guy about the size of an NFL linebacker.

One of the attractions of AW (at least as far as Office Party is concerned) is people don't have to act normal even if they are. In real life they might have a boring or serious job (for example, I work for a major structural engineering firm), or have five kids to take care of, or have a significant health problem, or be unemployed, and they can come here and act like goofs for a bit and get away from their real life problem or the drudgery of everyday life or just to have a few minutes of pure, unadulterated silliness.

Sophia
12-01-2010, 02:11 PM
I change my avatar according to what I'm interested in at that moment, or what I'm drawn to, or what's making me laugh, or just an image I like. My avatar is a reflection of a little part of my personality. Especially on a writers' board -- I think showing something of what makes you you is a good thing. :) Whether I'm male or female isn't that interesting, really! :)

KTC
12-01-2010, 02:17 PM
I found the one that looked as assholey as I often feel. I needed a face with attitude.

hold on...we're going for a ride to the OP.

Dawnstorm
12-01-2010, 02:20 PM
I chose to have no avatar for two reasons:

- Too lazy.
- I kinda like being invisible.

One of the two usually applies.

My screenname? My first internet user name on any board was "Foxfire", which was a faerie mage I played in Wizardry 7. Then I joined another board, where a prominent member had "fox" in the title, so I didn't want to use that. The first thing that came to mind was a cheesy T. Rex song called "Dawnstorm", so I chose that. I stuck with it ever since, even though the name doesn't suit me: I'm not an early riser, I don't have a stormy temperament, the song isn't amongst my favourites, and the lyrics don't really describe me. Since I think that names are just labels, anyway, a name that doesn't suit me suits me just fine.

Do I think I'm normal? Go on. Take a guess.

seun
12-01-2010, 02:35 PM
To show you all my beard.

Touch it. Go on. You know you want to.

Bmwhtly
12-01-2010, 02:44 PM
hold on...we're going for a ride to the OP.*extinguishes cigarettes*

*Returns seat to the upright and locked position*

I thought it as because you'd got a new job as a middle-eastern villain in the next Rambo film.

Priene
12-01-2010, 02:44 PM

Shit, no.

alleycat
12-01-2010, 02:46 PM
hold on...we're going for a ride to the OP.
You will be subject to a strip search by the TSA.

seun
12-01-2010, 02:50 PM
I thought it as because you'd got a new job as a middle-eastern villain in the next Rambo film.

Sounds like a plan. I am English and therefore I have to be the bad guy in a Hollywood film.

scarletpeaches
12-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Because I want to do him.

alleycat
12-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Are you talking about seun?

scarletpeaches
12-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Why yes. Of course.

/deadpan

Cyia
12-01-2010, 03:04 PM
<------ iz my puppy

The name "Cyia" came from one of the first things I wrote as a kid. She was a starship captain / exiled ruler (sort of Han Solo and Leia in one package). Very cool character. One of these days, I may have to find the old floppy disk on which she resides, dust the "horrible" off her story and make something out of it.

seun
12-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Are you talking about seun?

Who else could she mean? :)

alleycat
12-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Who else could she mean? :)
It's the beard. It gets to them every time.

Bmwhtly
12-01-2010, 03:14 PM
One of the attractions of AW (at least as far as Office Party is concerned) is people don't have to act normal even if they are. In real life they might have a boring or serious job (for example, I work for a major structural engineering firm), or have five kids to take care of, or have a significant health problem, or be unemployed, and they can come here and act like goofs for a bit and get away from their real life problem or the drudgery of everyday life or just to have a few minutes of pure, unadulterated silliness.Who was it who said "There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes"?

I thought it was because you'd got a new job as a middle-eastern villain in the next Rambo film.
Wait, I've got a better one.

It looks like you sneezed so hard that the hair on your head slipped down to your chin.

alleycat
12-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Who was it who said "There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes"?
Dr. Who.

Who lived in Whoville.

Mr Flibble
12-01-2010, 03:26 PM

But it looks hungry and I like my hand where it is. So, um, no.

I thought it as because you'd got a new job as a middle-eastern villain in the next Rambo film. I thought he was doing stunt work for Osama.

seun
12-01-2010, 03:26 PM
It looks like you sneezed so hard that the hair on your head slipped down to your chin.

I may be a slaphead with a beard but...uh...I...wait...um...at least...

I got nothing. But a shiny head.

scarletpeaches
12-01-2010, 03:27 PM
It's a solar panel for a sex machine.

Ken
12-01-2010, 04:00 PM
... only settled on mine after lots of collaborative thought on the matter that lasted weeks. Have had many compliments. So seems I've settled on a winner!

KTC
12-01-2010, 04:11 PM
You will be subject to a strip search by the TSA.

I already made it perfectly clear that I wouldn't mind arriving at the airport naked. What's the big stink about!? God!

MissMacchiato
12-01-2010, 04:11 PM
I know what you mean, I get really confused when people change their avatars as well.

I picked mine since I saw it on another forum and always liked it. I thought the members of a writing forum like this would smile when they saw it too.

My username is just based on my love of coffee :)

KTC
12-01-2010, 04:14 PM
... only settled on mine after lots of collaborative thought on the matter that lasted weeks. Have had many compliments. So seems I've settled on a winner!

it's very minimalistic.

Shadow Dragon
12-01-2010, 04:23 PM
1. My avatar is a picture of Lelouch, one of my favorite anime characters.

2. I randomly picked Shadow Dragon for another forum and the name just sorta stuck.

3. Normal enough for the internet. :tongue

alleycat
12-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Is that a work by Robert Ryman? It kind of looks like one of his earlier pieces when he was going through his eggshell white phase.

brainstorm77
12-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Zombies. Need I say more?

Devil Ledbetter
12-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Because, Eddie!

charlotte49ers
12-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Because I think my kid is cuter than I am. :D

Oh, and screen name: It's been the same since 2004, I graduated from and the husband played basketball for UNC - Charlotte (Charlotte 49ers).

Saavedra
12-01-2010, 05:52 PM
My avatar's there because Snoopy willed it to be there. Frankly, you don't deny the fella who's after the Red Baron -- not so close to Veterans Day, at least. Besides, he's been reading War and Peace a word a day; that's commitment to literature.

The screenname I've got is just my initials, stylishly lowercased, and a period. Minimalist.

As for being normal, I was a lot less sure of that before I registered here. Now I'm positively vanilla.

stormie
12-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Why did you choose your avatar? It's a storm brewing.

... And your screen name? I'm always a storm brewing.

While we're at it, do you think you're normal? Just wonderin' I become my characters in my WIP, I talk to myself, and I'm addicted to a writer's board. Does that answer the question? :D

whimsical rabbit
12-01-2010, 06:31 PM
1. Because I really am a rabbit, and I'm whimsical.
2. Because that was by far the cutest bunny pix I could find out there (and it has also earned me quite a few rep points. :evil Can't resist the cuteness, can you? Even though apparently Seun and his beard compete lately .:D)
3. Define 'normal'.

Not that anybody really asked me, but some of the best avatars here are Sparkly's (rainbow-pooping pony), Alleycat's and Bufty's. Oh, and dpaterso when he had Darth Vader on. I really liked that one.

Peaches, I'm still nostalgic of the Gerard Butler times I must say...

Kathleen42
12-01-2010, 06:35 PM
1) Because I spent a portion of the 90's wishing I were as cute and snarky as Janeane Garofalo.
2) I was feeling less than imaginative when I signed up. 42 is not my age, btw (sadly, I get asked that).

Mr Flibble
12-01-2010, 06:55 PM
I know what you mean, I get really confused when people change their avatars as well.

I don't actually look at user names often - I see avvies. I got quite confused once in a thread, mixing up two people with no avvie.

Not that anybody really asked me, but some of the best avatars here are Sparkly's (rainbow-pooing pony), Alleycat's and Bufty's. Oh, and dpaterso when he had Darth Vader on. I really like that one.

Peaches, I'm still nostalgic of the Gerard Butler times I must say...

I like your bunny.

But just you wait till I find a picture of Tank Girl riding a sparkly pink pony pooping rainbows.

scarletpeaches
12-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Peaches, I'm still nostalgic of the Gerard Butler times I must say...I'm sure Ol' Bag is too.

Okay, just for you...and on the understanding Richard Armitage will be back very, very soon because my lust for him knows no bounds...

CheyElizabeth
12-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Mine's from a video game called LIMBO that sucked me in for a day or two.

Username is half of my first name and my middle name.

Margarita Skies
12-01-2010, 07:10 PM
1. My username is my real first name. I couldn't come up with a cutesy, funny name that didn't sound weird at the same time.

2. I wanted to upload my photo for my avatar but I found I had to resize it and I was too lazy to do that so I explored the avatars here on AW and found an avatar of Batchick... or is it Batman? :ROFL: because I've always wanted to be as powerful as he or she and because most of my main characters and villains are.

3. With all due respect to Seun, he's very, very handsome. He's a very nice person, too.

tiny
12-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Lately I've chosen my avy based on wanting to look at a hot man while I'm on the intertubes. My screen name is from an old job I had that I don't do anymore and I'm completely normal. Several people here will vouch for that.

Wicked
12-01-2010, 07:49 PM
1. My avatars change from time to time. When I first joined I raced to get in fifty posts so I could upload my custom avatar. I couldn't stand having one that wasn't "my own".

2. It's been my screen name for as long as I've been on the internet. I like contrast, irony, and double meanings. The name also cuts down on pervs who IM me in the late hours with such intellectual gems as, "Hey baby, what are you wearing?".

3. Of course I'm normal.

. . . depending on what alternate reality we're pretending this is . . .

Lavern08
12-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Because Wonder Woman is smokin' hawt and smart and witty and clever.

Because my middle name is Lavern and 8 is my favorite number as well as my day of birth.

Because normal is as normal does. :tongue

Sevvy
12-01-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm only posting to see what my avatar actually is, because I never look at it and have forgotten.

EDIT: Ooooh...I'm using that one. I picked it because it made me laugh a few years ago, found it saved on my computer somewhere, and liked it better than the ones provided here.

firedrake
12-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Because he's very pleasing on the eye.

My user name is because I'm a miserable, nasty old dragon before I've had my coffee

No, not normal. Not in the least.

whimsical rabbit
12-01-2010, 08:38 PM
I like your bunny.

:e2flowers:e2bouncey

But just you wait till I find a picture of Tank Girl riding a sparkly pink pony pooping rainbows.

I take up the challenge. :D

Okay, just for you...and on the understanding Richard Armitage will be back very, very soon because my lust for him knows no bounds...

:kiss:

regdog
12-01-2010, 08:57 PM
avatar-I've had several since joining from Invader Zim to female warriors. I've been Azula for over a 1 1/2 year now. She's my favorite character from Avatar The Last Airbender. She's one bad ass firebender with attitude to spare.

It also seems I can't change from her. Whenever I change into something different, I get loads of reppies complaining. So Azula I shall stay, with the exception of honoring important days.

name-reggie was my cat who was more like a dog.

Kyla Laufreyson
12-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Avatar -- Well, it had to become HP-related when I was getting hyped for the Deathly Hallows premier. My Potter senses were indeed tingling at the time, so it's fitting.

Name -- Arianna Sterling has been my pen name for years now, so it was an obvious choice.

Normal? -- Pfft. That's funny.

underthecity
12-01-2010, 09:17 PM
My username is a reference to my first book.

My avatar is a cropped image from my fourth book, a shot of trumpet player Don Cornell relaxing with a smoke backstage at Beverly Hills. I thought the picture looked cool, and, so, there it is.

Regarding my being normal, I appear normal. Inside, though, I'm as screwed up as anyone.

cray
12-01-2010, 09:19 PM
ah ha! i knew it!!!

smoking does make you look cool!!!!!!!!!!

Soccer Mom
12-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I rotate a couple of avatars. Mod bunneh, Lemon-head kitteh, and Waffle kitteh.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/6/11/makemesumwaf128576913866074036.jpg

ETA: and I made these avatars myself. So I'm definitely not normal. Normal is overrated.

scarletpeaches
12-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I rotate Dicks.

And sometimes Jameses and Gerards.

Button
12-01-2010, 10:37 PM
I plug in whatever I find amusing at the moment.

Currently what I find amusing is "hopefully" annoying the snot out of Peaches with my holiday cheer.

I'm looking for a nice dead grandma being stepped on by a reindeer for my next one. ;)

Button
12-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Screen name? Wish I could change it. It's the name of a now dead pet cat.

Don't name yourself after your pet. Rule to remember.

I don't think anyone in Office Party is normal.

slcboston
12-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Does the steampunk Santa really require an explanation?

:D

Sydneyd
12-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Meow.

(I'm not really a cat ;-)

I change my avatar every week; always some funny or silly cat photo. It's odd, but new members often assume I'm female because I have a cute cat as an avatar; in real life I'm a guy about the size of an NFL linebacker..

I totally thought you were female. In my mind you were a motherly type, who bakes cookies, and dresses her cats up. My mind is blown right now.

I generally want to do your avatar pics as well...wowza..

I have this way of actually kinda believing the avatar pic is the one I am speaking too, so it throws me on here when so often it's a male pic so I think it's a guy but it's not, and vice versa. Just the other day on here I thought I was dealing with the Fonz. Yeah, well, happy days to you if y'all think you're normal then... ;o)

1. I change mine depending on my mood. Currently the pic is of the cat that attacked my face. Seriously, it almost tore my ear off.

2. My screen name is...my name. I know BOR ing. But when I become a famous NYT bestselling writer, I want people to be able to recognize me :P (a big disclaimer of YEAH RIGHT on this one)

3. No. And I have had second opinions

Ol' Fashioned Girl
12-01-2010, 11:19 PM
She's the main character in one of my novels - or so close that when I saw this pic, I knew it was 'Carolyn'. Other times, I choose Maxine, 'cause she's most who I'm like in real life.

Kathleen42
12-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Because he's very pleasing on the eye.

Very. Very. *swoon* Hello Mitchel.

regdog
12-01-2010, 11:36 PM
I rotate a couple of avatars. Mod bunneh, Lemon-head kitteh, and Waffle kitteh.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/6/11/makemesumwaf128576913866074036.jpg

ETA: and I made these avatars myself. So I'm definitely not normal. Normal is overrated.

:ROFL:

You haven't used pancake kitteh, but he's a hoot

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/pancake.jpg

alleycat
12-01-2010, 11:46 PM
I object to the use of kitty photos that show cats as a subject of ridicule or nonsense.

No cat ready keeps a pancake on his head!

I would say more, but right now I have to go saddle up the horse.

Adam
12-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Avatar - My latest book cover. Used to be a picture of me, but this is prettier. ;)

Name - My name. ;)

Normal - *Snigger*

regdog
12-01-2010, 11:54 PM
I object to the use of kitty photos that show cats as a subject of ridicule or nonsense.

No cat ready keeps a pancake on his head!

I would say more, but right now I have to go saddle up the horse.

I had two cats that when they sat on my lap, I could balance a cup of ginger ale on their head. When I'd say "hold this" they would pull their heads up and hold completely still. One was my Reggie.

Greenify13
12-02-2010, 12:05 AM
It changes often, though it usually represents some part of me, or how I feel, or what I feel like doing, am doing or about to do...Funny, about to change it again. Also, I'm a female, and confusion, while fascinating, I don't care to have it based off my avatar...so I stick female or gender-neutral.

Green. I am Green. "Ify" Ever see the Pepsi Oneify ads? (they are old...I pulled it from a billboard years ago) You should Greenify yourself. :D 13, it's my number.

While we're at it, do you think you're normal?
Not a chance in hell.

Any more questions? I do love questions. Also, I understand, except those here that I know outside of AW, I also put avatars and members together. Sometimes even old avatars when they are changed to something new, like Flyingtart's.

mario_c
12-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Well done, all. My Ace Of Spades is on sabbatical to pay tribute to my second fave action movie of the year (I already did Machete :)) and the utter coolness that is John Malkovich. My second fave actor will return for the holidays (no, not Eddie Deezen! Sheesh.).

kayleamay
12-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Name: because it's my name.
Normal: Compared to whom?

Manuel Royal
12-02-2010, 12:56 AM
I wrote my first novel, in 1976, on a typewriter similar to the one pictured. (A manual Royal. Specifically, a 1938 Royal KHM.) The typewriter was destroyed by arson, and I've been using word processing since the 1980s, but I still hit the keys a little harder than necessary.

veinglory
12-02-2010, 01:00 AM
Why? Buy my book (http://www.amazon.com/Lover-Ghosts-Ballots-Keep-ebook/dp/B00413QLSM/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_4). That's why.

Eudoxia
12-02-2010, 01:09 AM
- I just choose pictures that I think look cool and interest me.

- It was a characters name for Neverwinter Nights that I made and I decided to just use it here. It's also a Greek name and I love me some Greek names.

- I enjoy being weird. It makes me feel special. :D

rhymegirl
12-02-2010, 03:03 AM

username: There's a reason I picked this name, it's true,
'Cause talking in rhyme is what I do.

title: I write every day, both here on AW and elsewhere.

Ken
12-02-2010, 03:17 AM
it's very minimalistic.

... if you saw what I look like in RL you wouldn't think so. But thanks!

Ken
12-02-2010, 03:29 AM
Is that a work by Robert Ryman? It kind of looks like one of his earlier pieces when he was going through his eggshell white phase.

... sounds like a cool artist. Will have to check out his works. Thanks. You're a good egg.

Neurotic
12-02-2010, 04:56 AM
Avatar: It amused me in some moment. I'll keep it until something else amuses me more.

Username: Truth in advertising, really.

Normal: A concept invented by boring people in order to make less boring people feel bad about not being boring enough.

juniper
12-02-2010, 06:04 AM
We took my dog out during a snowstorm and she posed in her sweatshirt. I think she looks like a diva and it makes me laugh. She died a couple of weeks ago. :cry:

Junipers are tough and scraggly and can survive in all sorts of hostile places (not saying AW is!) - plus it's a variation of my middle name

Does it matter?

benbradley
12-02-2010, 07:34 AM
I laughed out loud when I turned the page of Kurzweil's biggest and perhaps most bombastic book and saw the pic of him wearing the suit and holding the grody hand-written cardboard sign with his book title on it ... it's a warning to us all.

Well it's just my name, I haven't tried to be very anonymous on the Internet.

After joining that stopping-drinking club I was repeatedly told "Normal is just a setting on a washing machine" but I've learned that it's much, much more, and that that saying was just repeated to dismiss the honest differences people noticed between one another. Some people really are more abnormal than others. I try to interact with normal people on a regular basis.

KellyAssauer
12-02-2010, 05:28 PM
My user name is a combination of family names mostly because when I first got on the interwebz I had some previous relationships that I did not really want to find me. =(

The avatars are organic, they developed over the course of my being here, and oddly fit me to a tee. =)

Maybe you should have asked why people put strange quotes in their signature lines as well? I mean this is just screaming to be quoted and not a soul has dared yet?

I rotate Dicks.

Satori1977
12-02-2010, 07:30 PM
My avie changes with my moods. Sometimes I want something funny. Sometimes I pick a favorite character, tv show, or movie. Around Halloween I always make fit the holiday. Other times, like now, I put some nice eyecandy up. So I might have a man a lot of the time, but I am a female.

My name is just a word I like. It is the Buddhist term for enlightment/understanding. I don't practice Buudhism, but I agree with many of the themes. I use it everywhere for usernames and email. 1977 is the year of my birth (I usually put that if just Satori is taken).

As for being normal, it depends. Compared to some people I guess I am, compared to others, I am beyond strange. Normal is overrated, and in the eye of the beholder. I just try to stay true to myself.

shyne
12-02-2010, 07:32 PM
My user name is a combination of family names mostly because when I first got on the interwebz I had some previous relationships that I did not really want to find me. =(

The avatars are organic, they developed over the course of my being here, and oddly fit me to a tee. =)

Maybe you should have asked why people put strange quotes in their signature lines as well? I mean this is just screaming to be quoted and not a soul has dared yet?

Stop hacking her account Rob

shyne
12-02-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm typically armed to the beak with a chicken. I still don't know why, but it could be because I'm weird as shite.

quickWit
12-02-2010, 07:40 PM

'tis the season, and shit...

KyraDune
12-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Why I chose my avatar: The yin-yang symbol is all about balance and how things work in tandem to push and pull the universe. There can be no darkness without light, no light without darkness. The White Tiger and the Dragon are two of the Four Legendary Creatures who guard the four cosmic directions in Chinese and Japanese mythology. The Tiger is a symbol of power and the Dragon a symbol of luck.

Why I chose my screen name: This is actually my pen name. I thought about using a made up name but at the last minute decided to use my pen name since I use it for all the other sites I visit.

Normal? What's that? *checks dictionary* Ohhh, no that doesn't sound like me at all.

RandomJerk
12-02-2010, 07:50 PM
I feel I'm wasting my gifts.

Button
12-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Now my Avie is because... I like Dr. Horrible.

Can't you tell? :)

amrose
12-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Avatar - I'm a big NG:E fan. I love Asuka and Rei, but I have a thing for girls in bandages/eyepatches so I went with Rei.

Username - It's the name I'm writing under and my name for other forums. A and M are my first and last initial and Rose is my middle name. I went all switchy because my favorite time of day is morning...when I don't have to go to work and can just sit on the couch with some tea and a book and my WIP.

Normal? - Nope. Pervy.

Jack Parker
12-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Avatar: I love the character and feel of old books back when time and thought went into binding and covering them. I like the welcoming feel of the photo. It's like a picture of old friends. When combined with my profile picture, you get a fair glimpse of who I am.

User Name: I took the square root of the sum of all prime numbers and placed them in a beaker over a low, green flame to separate the impurities. I then added an eye-dropper full of the dreams of an Amish leprechaun, shook the mixture, poured it into the tray mold of an Easy Bake Oven, waited four minutes and this is what popped-out.

Am I normal? Yes.

rhymegirl
12-03-2010, 05:15 PM
'tis the season, and shit...

Doesn't this guy have a way with words?

Brutal Mustang
12-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Avatar: It goes with my username, while showing my love for space and sci fi.

Username: I own a wild-born mustang I broke in myself, and am a mustang aficionado. I also have the tendency to get feisty or blunt if it so suites me.

Normal: Why would anyone want to be that?

adarkfox
12-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Username: been my handle since I started using the internetz... my last name is Fox. You can't have a bad ass last name and not use it whenever you get the chance.

Avatar: love Tangled... fiancee is getting sick of me pointing out that Flynn looks just like him. Bwahahahahaha.

childoflight
12-04-2010, 07:37 AM
1. Because when I was in third grade I looked exactly like Lucy. It was sorta weird, actually. And because I always related to her the best in the books. :)

2. I don't really know.. I like light, and I'm a child, I suppose.

3. Absolutely not. No one has ever told me I'm normal. Eccentric, yes. Normal, never.

I'm still trying to work that out as a compliment..

Don Evan Scott
12-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Because...who doesn't like hot cars?

BeatrixKiddo
12-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Because...who doesn't like hot cars?

Oooo...me likey that new avatar. Nice.

I changed mine, because well...it's almost Christmas. Um, duh.

Don Evan Scott
12-06-2010, 02:14 AM
Oooo...me likey that new avatar. Nice.

Wanna ride? :)

milly
12-06-2010, 02:19 AM
avatar? almost Christmas and...my legs are my best feature

name? it's the shortened version of my protagonist's last name (Millworth)

Vito
12-06-2010, 05:24 AM
I don't have an avatar yet. Maybe soon!

My username comes from a real person, not from "The Godfather" movie (as many people probably assume). When I was a kid, my friend's oldest sister had a boyfriend named Vito. He was a graduate student at the time, a real intellectual type of guy. Although I only knew him for a short time, I've always looked up to him and kept him as one of my role models.

Wayne K
12-06-2010, 05:35 AM
I don't remember

Belle_91
12-06-2010, 05:38 AM
Avatar: It makes me smile and think of something funny.
Username: I like history, I'm a total dork and know too much about it...probably way too much for my own good. And also I'm a girl so that explains the whole gal thing.

Silver King
12-06-2010, 06:13 AM
My avatar is a picture of a tarpon I took while fighting the fish.

My username is a term often used for tarpon.

I used to be normal, until I joined AW.

Jessianodel
12-06-2010, 06:17 AM
My avatar was a cover I drew for my book. But then I was blessed by the AW Gods and suddenly became a dragon. I think Thothguard still owes me a fight.
Of course I put a holiday-ish border on it right now. Happy Holidays!

And Jessianodel is a combination of my pen name which I may actually use one day. It started out as Jessie Sianodel (Which was my D &D name) and I just smashed the two together. Although I think I like Jessia better, which is what some people call me.

I've been told I'm not normal...but that's not the same...

cmi0616
12-06-2010, 06:24 AM

1) Because Ryan Adams is the best musician alive

2) Initials/Birthdate

3) NOT AT ALL! Normal people are weird ;)