Writing Job (Catalog Copy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowGuide

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.votrevray.blogspot.com
Okay, I may be posting this in the wrong spot, so be forgiving...as this isn't the "official" job announcement, just a heads-up.

I am a writer by nature, however, my day job is as a retail recruiter. I have been asked by a client to find their next employee - a catalog copywriter.
The position is in a retail coporate office and I'll be talking to their HR dept today about salary, etc. Once I get those details I'll find the best place to post the job ad on the forums. Until then, I know the basics are:

3-5 yrs exp. writing catalog copy
Keen understanding of catalog layout and how the copy will fit into the final product.
Understanding and experience in pagination editing (putting it into a catalog format) is a plus.
This is a full-time benefitted position in a non-smoking environment.
Location: Near Gilroy, CA. (Relocation is not paid for by the employer)

If you think this is your dream job, before I know how low (as retail is notoriously low-paying) the salary will be, you can e-mail me at work:
[email protected]
Otherwise, just hang on until I get the rest of the info from the employer and I'll post them with all of the nitty-gritty details (in the proper part of the forum) when I get them.
Thanks, Guys and Gals!
-Mel.

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, but even if it is your dream job, you have to work in Gilroy, Garlic Capital of the World.

skyllo

It is my dream job. The requirements look like they've been copied from my resume, but I don't happen to live in the "garlic capital of the world." Maybe I should be thankful though. That doesn't sound very pleasant.

a tree of night

Registered
Reaction score
I've been to Gilroy and it is...pungent. You can smell it before you can see it, but like most things of that nature, I'm pretty sure you'd get used to it before long. It's no different than living near a farm, water treatment plant, factory, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.