PDA

View Full Version : would you eat a stranger's food?

Bricona
11-26-2010, 12:46 AM
So my friend brought a tray of really mouth watering baked macaroni and cheese with pasta and meat. Basically lasagna. He got it from the airport, he works there and a passenger couldn't bring a tray of pasta on the flight she was on, so he brought it home.

Would you eat that?

He also brings home shampoo, conditioner, bathroom products, and vitamins.

KingM
11-26-2010, 12:49 AM
So my friend brought a tray of really mouth watering baked macaroni and cheese with pasta and meat. Basically lasagna. He got it from the airport, he works there and a passenger couldn't bring a tray of pasta on the flight she was on, so he brought it home.

Would you eat that?

Who brings lasagna to the airport? But no, I don't think it's likely to be a terrorist plot, so I might try it.

alleycat
11-26-2010, 12:58 AM
That would a little iffy because that dish has probably had quite a journey . . . set out to take on the trip, the ride to the airport, waiting, more waiting, waiting some more, being told you can't take a dish of lasagna as carry-on, finding someone to give it to, the friend setting it somewhere so they can remember to take it home, having other employees poke at it and ask "What's this?", taking it home, setting it on a counter, taking it to share with Bricona.

In other circumstances, I would probably snarf it down.

alleycat
11-26-2010, 12:59 AM
Who brings lasagna to the airport?
It must have been an Alitalia flight.

Wayne K
11-26-2010, 01:00 AM
I would eat the shampoo first

I'm real weird about food I didn't handle myself

Bricona
11-26-2010, 01:01 AM
That would a little iffy because that dish has probably had quite a journey . . . set out to take on the trip, the ride to the airport, waiting, more waiting, waiting some more, being told you can't take a dish of lasagna as carry-on, finding someone to give it to, the friend setting it somewhere so they can remember to take it home, having other employees poke at it and ask "What's this?", taking it home, setting it on a counter, taking it to share with Bricona.

In other circumstances, I would probably snarf it down.

It tasted amazing!

Wayne K
11-26-2010, 01:04 AM
If it was an Italian woman I'd eat it.

yes, I'm a food racist

Cliff Face
11-26-2010, 01:36 AM
Mmmm pasta!

But no, I wouldn't eat someone else's food. I draw the lines at family and chefs.

amyashley
11-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Hmmm. I probably wouldn't. I would feed it to my family though. I'm a food snob too. :(

jvc
11-26-2010, 02:21 AM
Nope, I wouldn't either. I've had students bring in cakes and such for me (yes, I was a brilliant teacher, they loved me, what can I say? :D ). I would always take the cakes, thank them, go home and dump them. Can never be too careful. Then of course I'd go back and tell them they tasted like crap and never make me anything again, and where is your damned homework, you're on detention.

brainstorm77
11-26-2010, 02:24 AM
No.

Eudoxia
11-26-2010, 02:28 AM
I would probably accept it and then have my roommate test it for any sort of poisoning and what not. Can never be too sure about the food people give you.

Kitty Pryde
11-26-2010, 02:33 AM
No. Anyone goofy enough to try to bring a big-ass tray of lasagna as a carry-on item I would suspect of not being able to safely prepare and store food. Unless the passenger was a big fat guy with a red beard wearing shorts and orange crocs--in which case it was Mario Batali and risk of food-borne illness be damned! :) But yeah, I think anyone who's ever been near a Food Handler's License could tell you that's a real dodgy thing to eat. It's been in the danger zone for way too long!

Also--using random strangers' toiletries? I just threw up in my mouth a little bit picturing someone adopting a slightly-used deodorant stick that's been adorning the pits of a putrid stranger.

Cliff Face
11-26-2010, 02:40 AM
Ewww!!! Used deoderant!

brainstorm77
11-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Also--using random strangers' toiletries? I just threw up in my mouth a little bit picturing someone adopting a slightly-used deodorant stick that's been adorning the pits of a putrid stranger.

Make me spit my coffee out why don't cha!:ROFL:

KingM
11-26-2010, 02:45 AM
It tasted amazing!

Wait...you were eating lasagna on Thanksgiving?

jvc
11-26-2010, 02:49 AM
For gods sake make the image go away :deadhorse

Kitty Pryde
11-26-2010, 02:56 AM
Dude, not to mention the possibility of MRSA infection from stuff a stranger has been rubbing on his infected skin...ick.

KTC
11-26-2010, 02:58 AM

Would you eat that?

I don't think I would. I'm a food freak, though. Don't go by me.

My foods can't touch each other and I eat one thing at a time.

KTC
11-26-2010, 03:05 AM
I would eat the shampoo first

I'm real weird about food I didn't handle myself

So molest handle the food first. Then eat it. You are weird.

Cliff Face
11-26-2010, 03:06 AM
I used to be like that Kevin.

Now I don't mind if my foods touch each other. Of course, unless it's pasta and chicken, I eat one thing at a time. With pasta, it's no rules.

KTC
11-26-2010, 03:07 AM
It tasted amazing!

Why did you ask, Mister, if you're just going to go off all willy-nilly and eat it anyway? Let us know if you die...then we will know to say no when a stranger at an airport offers us lasagna.

KTC
11-26-2010, 03:09 AM
I used to be like that Kevin.

Now I don't mind if my foods touch each other. Of course, unless it's pasta and chicken, I eat one thing at a time. With pasta, it's no rules.

yeah, I don't mind pasta with stuff in it. But if it's not made together as a dish...I need one of those sectioned off plates. People look at me like I'm ridiculous! What's wrong with bringing your own Batman plate to elegant restaurants? I say nothing.

brainstorm77
11-26-2010, 03:09 AM
Dude, not to mention the possibility of MRSA infection from stuff a stranger has been rubbing on his infected skin...ick.

Among other wonderful things...:tongue

KTC
11-26-2010, 03:17 AM
Among other wonderful things...:tongue

nose pickings. ear wax. spit.

brainstorm77
11-26-2010, 03:19 AM
nose pickings. ear wax. spit. I mean they could have loofa'd(spelling?) their ass with it. The possibilities are endless!

Death Wizard
11-26-2010, 03:22 AM
I wouldn't eat it. No way.

KTC
11-26-2010, 03:23 AM
I mean they could have loofa'd(spelling?) their ass with it. The possibilities are endless!

Congratulations! You just made me vomit in my mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You da bomb.

brainstorm77
11-26-2010, 03:24 AM
I always remember the episode of Roseanne where she sticks a hamburger bun under her armpit...

KTC
11-26-2010, 03:25 AM
I always remember the episode of Roseanne where she sticks a hamburger bun under her armpit...

oh my god. yes. i remember that. ew. you're batting 1000.

brainstorm77
11-26-2010, 03:26 AM
Her own personal steamer.

brainstorm77
11-26-2010, 03:27 AM
Oh, and Divine in PInk Flamingo's with the steak between the legs.

Wayne K
11-26-2010, 03:27 AM
I have nothing to add

Wayne K
11-26-2010, 03:28 AM
Brainstorm, you get me :D

Wayne K
11-26-2010, 03:28 AM
dont tell Adam :D

Ken
11-26-2010, 03:46 AM

Would you eat that?

... is the airport okay with them bringing that stuff home? Couldn't really answer your question without knowing that first.

rhymegirl
11-26-2010, 04:06 AM
Nope, I wouldn't either. I've had students bring in cakes and such for me (yes, I was a brilliant teacher, they loved me, what can I say? :D ). I would always take the cakes, thank them, go home and dump them. Can never be too careful. Then of course I'd go back and tell them they tasted like crap and never make me anything again, and where is your damned homework, you're on detention.

Geez.

Forget about that cake I was gonna make for you, Jed.

Adam
11-26-2010, 04:37 AM
I'm weird when it comes to food, so no, I couldn't eat that. Bleh.

dont tell Adam :D

*Raises eyebrow*

jvc
11-26-2010, 05:15 AM
Geez.

Forget about that cake I was gonna make for you, Jed.
Well, it'd be different if it was a cake you made. I'd love it, every last bite. :)

Lavern08
11-26-2010, 05:25 AM
You ate Lasagna that was rejected by the TSA?

You are joking, right? :roll:

Silver King
11-26-2010, 05:38 AM
You ate Lasagna that was rejected by the TSA?

You are joking, right? :roll:
If the meal had been given a full pasta pat down, I'd assume it was safe to eat.

Devil Ledbetter
11-26-2010, 06:42 AM
I'm still grossed out by that slobbery douchebag who ate my leftover steak at a business dinner.

jvc
11-26-2010, 06:47 AM
You know what you should've done, right? :deadhorse

Silver King
11-26-2010, 07:15 AM
I'm still grossed out by that slobbery douchebag who ate my leftover steak at a business dinner.
I remember that discussion. But at least he knew you in a sense, and you were both at the same table. (It would've been great if you'd spit out a chunk of gristle onto the plate and hidden it under the meat before he overtook the leftover steak...)

And unless I were very hungry and out of sorts, I wouldn't go near the well-traveled lasagna mentioned in this thread. It's had too much "room temperature" downtime for my liking, especially if it contains meat.

Cella
11-26-2010, 07:26 AM
The only exception I would make is if it were a box of Girl Scout Cookies.

Death Wizard
11-26-2010, 08:00 AM
My wife got annoyed at me today when I got up from the table after our Thanksgiving meal and started putting all the leftovers into the fridge, rather than stay at the table and talk to the relatives. I love Thanksgiving leftovers as much as the next person, but it starts to weird me out if they sit out at room temp for a couple of hours.

mario_c
11-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Well, when you think about it, anytime you eat out your food is made for you by strangers. Who most likely don't have your best interests at heart. Or decent hygiene skills. Especially if you're in a public place like, say, a drive through window.

But if a professional (as mentioned, fellow Mario Mr. B) made me lasagna, I'd eat it, because if I'm gonna die, I want to die happy.

mccardey
11-26-2010, 09:34 AM
I keep reading the topic as

would you eat a stranger's foot?

And then I think: yeah... maybe... I dunno... and then I realise it's about food that someone has randomly had to ditch to get on an airplane and I go all eeeewwww...

But if it was a foot, and I was like really, really hungry? Yeah... maybe... I dunno....

rhymegirl
11-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Well, it'd be different if it was a cake you made. I'd love it, every last bite. :)

Hmm. How do you know I wouldn't throw something strange into it? :)

Well, when you think about it, anytime you eat out your food is made for you by strangers.

This is a very good point. Unless you prepare the meal yourself, you really don't know exactly what's in it.

DragonHeart
11-26-2010, 09:38 PM
I don't even eat food made by people I do know, sometimes. Not without good reason though. Ever see banana bread held together with cat fur?

jilly61
11-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Being vegetarian I definitely wouldn't eat that particular dish. In general I like my food to be fresh so if it's been hanging round an airport, probably not.

kayleamay
11-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Oh, hells no. I won't even eat food prepared by some of my relatives. Have you seen how some people live?

Example: My bro is three years older than me (which means he's been old enough to know better for a loooooong time). He put a piece of chicken in the microwave to warm it, but then got distracted and forgot about it. Three days later he opened the microwave and found the chicken. He ate it and, lo and behold, got food poisoning. That's what he gets for being a dipshit.

The answer is No. No. Not in a million years. No. Blech.

Gretad08
11-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Wait...you were eating lasagna on Thanksgiving?

We had lasagna at my in law's house...we have it for every holiday meal. It's weird.

tanglewoodtracey
11-26-2010, 10:15 PM
You couldn't pay me to eat that lasagna, but I'm really weird about eating things that have been prepared by people I don't know. I won't even eat some of the things I'm served at my in-laws because my husband told me horror stories about the condition of one of his aunt's kitchens.

So, Ew.

brainstorm77
11-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Oh, hells no. I won't even eat food prepared by some of my relatives. Have you seen how some people live?

Example: My bro is three years older than me (which means he's been old enough to know better for a loooooong time). He put a piece of chicken in the microwave to warm it, but then got distracted and forgot about it. Three days later he opened the microwave and found the chicken. He ate it and, lo and behold, got food poisoning. That's what he gets for being a dipshit.

The answer is No. No. Not in a million years. No. Blech.

Is your brother a bit off?

brainstorm77
11-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Being vegetarian I definitely wouldn't eat that particular dish. In general I like my food to be fresh so if it's been hanging round an airport, probably not.

So, would you eat a veggie burger that's been under an armpit?:evil

jvc
11-27-2010, 03:16 AM
Hmm. How do you know I wouldn't throw something strange into it? :)

So long as it wasn't oranges :D

brainstorm77
11-27-2010, 03:17 AM

Or a piece of Spam with hair on it... :evil

kayleamay
11-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Is your brother a bit off?

Maybe a little. ;)

brainstorm77
11-27-2010, 03:20 AM
I hide my toothbrush away in the bathroom. I've heard so many stories of people dipping them in the toilet for badness, it's made me paranoid.

jvc
11-27-2010, 03:23 AM
I hide my toothbrush away in the bathroom. I've heard so many stories of people dipping them in the toilet for badness, it's made me paranoid.
Sorry about that, I'll try not to do it again :D

brainstorm77
11-27-2010, 03:25 AM
Sorry about that, I'll try not to do it again :D
:wag:

rhymegirl
11-27-2010, 03:27 AM
Did you know that even flushing the toilet with the lid up can spread germs into the air and onto your toothbrush?

brainstorm77
11-27-2010, 03:28 AM
Assuming all the crap that is airbourne, I'm not shocked. I keep my well hidden away from the turlet...

Adam
11-27-2010, 03:30 AM
Did you know that even flushing the toilet with the lid up can spread germs into the air and onto your toothbrush?

Saw that on an episode of Mythbusters. Wish I hadn't. :tongue

rhymegirl
11-27-2010, 03:30 AM
Assuming all the crap that is airbourne, I'm not shocked. I keep my well hidden away from the turlet...

After I found out that tidbit, I keep my toothbrush in a different room now.

brainstorm77
11-27-2010, 03:32 AM
Fecal matter is found all over the place like debit machines, bank machines, phones etc...

ETA: I am a handwashing fanatic.

Cliff Face
11-27-2010, 05:14 AM
I just flush the toilet with the lid down.

*shrug*

rhymegirl
11-27-2010, 06:05 AM
I just flush the toilet with the lid down.

*shrug*

Well, yes, that is a good idea. But some people don't do that.

Lavern08
11-27-2010, 09:20 PM

Which is why I keep mine in a toothbrush holder inside the drawer in the vanity. ;)

Plus, I always flush with the lid closed too.

rhymegirl
11-27-2010, 09:33 PM

I have now prepared a nice orange cake with orange frosting and oranges in the middle for Jed.

Now to ship it off!

Ken
11-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Being vegetarian ...

... ah. That would explain your prolificness. Should try being one myself. Many people I know are.

jilly61
11-27-2010, 10:27 PM
So, would you eat a veggie burger that's been under an armpit?:evil

Depends whose armpit and how hungry I am.

jilly61
11-27-2010, 10:35 PM
... ah. That would explain your prolificness. Should try being one myself. Many people I know are.

Yes, there are a lot of us about. I can't vouch for it making you prolific though, probably just hungry for meat pies.

stormie
11-27-2010, 11:11 PM

Would you eat that? Nope. I have trouble even eating food someone who's not a stranger prepares. I've gotten sick at my MIL's house because of improper storage (her back porch is her second refrigerator), and she runs out of soap in the bathrooms and forgets to replenish it. And bake sales--there was a woman who always baked for them, yet she had mice in her cabinets (saw mice droppings in the sugar bowl once).

He also brings home shampoo, conditioner, bathroom products, and vitamins. Maybe if they weren't opened....

Button
11-28-2010, 01:22 AM
:)

On Mardi Gras, some complete stranger-dude passed our house with a bag of cracklin's in hand, and offered us some. I, of course, dove my hand right in and snapped one into my mouth before the Cajun could say, "No, thanks."

The guy walked off, and the Cajun turned to me. "You really ate that?"

I chewed and grinned. "He offered! I thought this was the south. And you Cajuns have all this food an stuff."

"Not from some drunk dude off the street fresh from Mardi Gras."

He still remembers it and balks at the idea of accepting food from strangers.

I'm a bum. :) I'll accept freebies, as long as the hands are clean.

backslashbaby
11-29-2010, 12:52 AM
^^^ I have a friend -- the sweetest girl ever, hilarious -- who is from the 'finishing school' set due to her family. We were at the beach and got smashed at a restaurant bar. On the walk back to the hotel, a bum offered her a swig of his bottle. You know what she did. Oh, yes she did!! Bwahahaha!

Good times.

Bricona
12-20-2010, 04:37 PM
my friend ate fries from someone else's table last night.

I so did not eat the fries we bought after he did that and started eating food with the same house.

Pistol Whipped Bee
12-20-2010, 11:51 PM
For a lot of $, maybe.

whacko
12-21-2010, 12:07 AM
I'd eat the bits with no teethmarks.;)