PDA

View Full Version : The Write Pack!

Undercover
11-25-2010, 06:36 PM
I much rather be spending my Thanksgiving here with you guys then with my family (that does not include my immediate family...meaning husband and two kids, that's a different story) I am talkin bout my mother, whom I love, but sometimes can't stand and is controlling and judgmental, my father who is effin annoying, but love of course too. But has the nervous talking syndrome and can't seem to be quiet for too long.

My oldest sister, who is unbearable to talk to. She is a "surface talker" can't go any deeper then talking about the weather and TV actors...she's the kind of person that would talk about what's in the Star or Inquirer for three hours straight. But talk about something important? She leaves the room.

My middle sis, who is cool but complains about work too much...and complains about work some more....and yeah all the drama that goes on, like who cares if Steve and Peter didn't work the register right?

My two brother-in-laws...one is anti-social and the other is a hot-head, short-fused person that desperately needs anger management.

the niece and nephews are cool, but are at the age (teenagers) where they do there own thing.

Problem is we are all suppose to go to my oldest sister's house today.

Anyways...I would much rather be here...and will squeeze in as much time here to keep sane.

Anyone else can't stand their families?

Silent Rob
11-25-2010, 06:41 PM
My family's cool, but I already don't like yours. :D

Bmwhtly
11-25-2010, 06:42 PM
I much rather be spending my Thanksgiving here with you guys then with my familyOh, please, that's just amateur hour!

I'd rather walk across the surface of the sun than spend time with my family.

Undercover
11-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Haha...tell me about it! they're all a bunch of whops I tell ya. LOL

Undercover
11-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Oh, please, that's just amateur hour!

I'd rather walk across the surface of the sun than spend time with my family.

Ouch, is it that bad? LOL

Yeshanu
11-25-2010, 07:38 PM
I so appreciate my own family (at least, my kids and my ex). The other night at dinner, we ended up talking about how the fact that someone left a gate open, allowing the Ottomans to conquer the Byzantine empire, led to the exploration of the New World.

My parents? If my brother and sis-in-law (both of whom I love dearly) are around, we end up talking about Nascar, and my dad retreats into his bedroom.

Just me and my mom (and my kids, if they're there) and we end up talking about church, but not superficially (http://buildinganawesomelife.blogspot.com/2010/09/talking-about-church-with-my-daughter.html).

My dad and I are more likely to end up talking about music or writing.

So, I feel for you, not having a family you can relate to, and I appreciate having a family that I don't mind spending time with. :Hug2:

Undercover
11-25-2010, 07:46 PM
So, I feel for you, not having a family you can relate to,

I think this is it in a nutshell. I don't relate to alot of "the talk" and especially too if it's superfical. I can't talk too much about my writing because no one seems that interested and I feel like it's like pulling teeth to do it, so forget that stuff.

My mom and dad are big on religion too. So when a drink is in hand all judgments are passed upon you. Like they are Godly and I am a sinner and all that jazz.

All in all, I do love my family and amthankful I have them. I just wish my mother-in-law was still around. She was a party animal and my biggest fan.

Okay rambling again....off to boil some eggs

Vito
11-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Despite their numerous and obvious flaws, I'd much rather spend Thanksgiving with my relatives than with a bunch of Internet strangers. Sometimes I wish that they were all absolutely perfect (like me, of course :tongue), but then they would be just a bunch of strangers, really. So today I'm gonna hang out with my siblings and their spouses, lots of nieces and nephews, and my niece's one-year-old son Jordan, the most recent addition to the family.

To me, a family is like a photo album. If I have the choice between a photo album filled with old, wrinkled, dog-eared photos of my relatives and a photo album filled with beautifully-rendered paintings that highlight my relatives' attractive attributes and mask their imperfections, I'll take the photo album with the old, wrinkled, dog-eared photos. Ain't nothing like the real thing, baby!

Happy Thanksgiving! :Thumbs:

kayleamay
11-25-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm going to bed. Then I'm going to hang out with my husbands cousins-a-dozen-times-removed. It beats a TV dinner.

Kate Thornton
11-25-2010, 10:35 PM
We always have Thanksgiving with dear friends whom we love - have done this for decades, now. His family is a very large dose of "no thanks" and mine is mentally ill.

Life's too short to not be thankful for a lot, like not having to walk across the sun to avoid my family (I just, well, avoid them...) and his family (I just, well, put up with them once a year...domestic tranquillity trade off.)

And we are so lucky to have our Thanksgiving buddies - we are meeting them all in a couple of hours, and I can't wait.

Oh, and I am very lucky to have all of you, too. You guys are the best. Not everyone is lucky enough to have a great family, but we are all lucky enough to have each other here. If you have a wonderful family - and I hope you do! - cherish them. If not, screw it and enjoy your friends!

Lavern08
11-26-2010, 04:10 AM
... If you have a wonderful family - and I hope you do! - cherish them. If not, screw it and enjoy your friends!

I agree. ;)

Button
11-26-2010, 05:30 AM
I honor my parents, but sometimes from a distance. :) I get the guilt trip of spending time with my family, too. I do spend time with them, but it's usually short.

I love spending time with people who appreciate me for who I am. ;) So I hang out with the Cajun's family and with people here at AW and so on. :)