• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Off the Wagon - beta needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingTitle

Never quite right...
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a few betas for my somewhat dark dirty cowboy novel. I'm mostly looking for a final kind of read through - does it all make sense, have I tied up all the loose ends, is it polished, etc.? I'm absolutely willing to swap and I'll read pretty much anything.

I've included the query blurb, and the first half of the first chapter can be found in the western SYW.

PM me if interested. Thanks!

Sold into slavery at sixteen, Lexie Harris has spent the last few years chained to the back of a wagon. Toured through Wyoming and sold for hour-long stretches of torture and abuse, she does all she can to protect the other girls held captive with her. But now she’s sick. An infection from a bite on her shoulder has wormed its way into her blood. She knows she’s going to die. If she doesn’t manage to escape and get help, the other girls will be left helpless against Allister, his men, and his customers.

Marshal Jackson Donohue has spent his life trying to make something of himself. Orphaned at a young age, he’s learned how cruel the world can be and what a person would be willing to do to survive. When he’s called to investigate screams coming from the bakery, one look at the filthy, potty-mouthed vixen standing off against his fellow Marshal with nothing but a knife and her temper and he’s completely face-in-dirt in love. Gaining her trust will be nigh impossible, but he’s never been a man to back down from a challenge.

Except Lexie’s captors have managed to escape, taking the rest of the girls with them. Trusting Jackson is Lexie’s only hope for saving the girls. In a town full of men looking to silence her before she can name names, he just might be her only hope for saving herself as well.

Off the Wagon is a historical western romance and is complete at 120,000 words.

Status
Not open for further replies.