Authors' Websites: Which do you love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
If you are like me, you spend some of your time wandering over different authors' websites. So my question is which are your favorites? I have many, so I'll have to narrow it down before I answer my own question. :)

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I don't have favorite websites, I have favorite writers.

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
Neil Gaiman's website... of course, it also helps that Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite living authors.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have favorite websites, I have favorite writers.

I just finished designing my co-writer's website. I looked through many different authors' websites. So, in this case, I'm strictly asking about website designs, not necessarily your favorite writers.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
JK Rowling's is AWESOME. But definitely for kids with all the interaction. It might annoy adults who just want straightforward info (but there is a text only version for that purpose):

http://www.jkrowling.com

Rowling's site is great. Nora Roberts used to have a similar design with a writing desk in front of a window and all the items on the desk were interactive.

LaceWing

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Marisha Pessl's site dedicated to Special Topics In Calamity Physics is very similar to Rowling's. http://www.calamityphysics.com/main.htm . These are fun to play around in. I'll have to give Rowling's site some quality time.

My actual current favorite is rachelsimon.com . Google found it when I wanted to cogitate on scene structuring. Then I got into all of her writing tips, and found that her coaching really hits a sweet spot for me. Since part of her writing career is teaching and mentoring, her website is all of a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.