• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Efficient and experienced Beta Readers Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

escribbler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ejzain.com
Hello all,
I am willing to reciprocate beta reading/critiques for any genre with the following req's for my 1. Historical fiction novel 2. Mommy lit novel 3. Y/A edgy novel that I'm 1/3 of the way into
READ ON IF YOU ARE INTERESTED THUS FAR----------------------
1. Timely Turn around of chapters. If I send three chapters, I need a realistic indication of when they'll be done and returned to me. (my goal is to keep to a strict timeline, which I will adhere to as well)
2. Plot, pacing, characters, themes, style, paragraph continuity etc. critting is expected more than "you left an extra space at the end of sentence or you misspelled a common word." With the exception of large errors that aren't typos of course
3. Sample chapters to see if we are a good fit before a big commitment

a little about me:
I have trouble editing my own stuff (duh)
I am a former marketing director and copywriter and had a published column in a local alternative newsweekly
I am a stay at home mom now who slaves away at the laptop every baby free minute I get
I read fast
Thanks to all you out there who are writing on!!

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey escrib, could you post the first couple paragraphs or so of your works, to give us an idea of your writing style? A lot of beta readers don't like to commit until they've had a taste, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.