To move or not to move - The Poetry Game

Shall we move the Poetry Game, Anyone? thread to the Private Forum?

• Yes - Move it

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No - Keep it here

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to move the Poetry Game, anyone? thread into the Poetry Critique Forum. But, I wouldn't do that without a majority approval for the idea. So please make your vote known.

There are some wonderful pieces in the game that could be published or could be improved to be published, but on an open forum first-rights are already gone - it is one of the reasons I only play infrequently.

It would be an extra click to get there, but worth it, I think.
Shall we move the thread to the private forum?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Sure Alphabet. Actually I have cut and pasted my stuff. It comes to me on the spur of the moment within the game...but I have actually had quite a few lines from poetry I posted there published in another form. So, I'd love to see it moved.

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
Just a week left to go on the poll... I'm sure there are more than ten of us in the poetry forum.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
why do I always have to be one of the underdogs? Ppbbbbtt....:p

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a player (yet) but I voted yes... But you should sticky a link in the main forum, with the password.

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse

swooping after you
Registered
Reaction score
if you moved it i think people who are not normally poets (myself included) might feel that it is no longer their kind of thing to post a quick one in (as it may seem direspectful). however, it may also make me want to raise my game a little and get in there amongst the more experienced.

it could work either way i guess. depends what you want. quantity or quality.

Shane

Registered
Reaction score
i agree with what you're saying about it being moved. i do like the spur of the moment rush i get when i come here, and yes there are good pieces here, hey i even surprised myself... i do however think that participation may fall as a result... but hey watever, i'll still play the game so i say yeah, make it private...

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
OK - so the vote is over - and sorry to those who would rather have kept it in this forum, but the majority is with moving it to the critique room, our private area where the possibility of publishing first rights to poems posted is not lost.

Some have expressed concern that when it goes to that forum somehow the nature of the game will change and only 'good' poets will be welcome to post...

To that I'd say I've never seen a poem in the game that wasn't welcome and welcomed. That isn't going to change. So I hope we won't lose anyone because of the move across, see you all there.