I'm addicted to sushi!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
They say the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. But, seriously, i don't see it as a problem and i don't especially want to recover from it.

It's gotta be the good sushi though. None of that cheap, mass-produced crap.

[barry white voice]Ooooooh yeah.[/voice] Just thinking about sushi makes me feel good.

Last edited:

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I love sushi also, but for fuller flavor go for fish that are still alive and tear into the meat while they're still moving like eating corn on the cob. No kidding, and as my brother would says, "It don't get no fresher than this, eh?"

Last edited:

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
I love sushi also, but for fuller flavor go for fish that are still alive and tear into the meat while they're still moving like eating corn on the cob. No kidding, and as my brother would says, "It don't get no fresher than this, eh?"
Is your brother a grizzly bear?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Is your brother a grizzly bear?
Kind of, but he has a nicer disposition.

And if we didn't eat our catch raw on the spot, we'd keep it alive long enough to get the pan going with hot oil and place the fish alive in the pan so that it turned this way and that on its own while it cooked ever so briefly.

Man, this thread is making me hungry.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Ever constructed a smoker from available resources around you? I have, once. A few of us were camping out on a little island for a fishing weekend, and we found a cleft in the side of a cliff, filled it with rocks and firewood, and covered the front of it with tree branches (leaves still attached). Then once we'd caught some fish we wrapped them in tinfoil, put them between the rocks, lit the fire and left it for a few hours (checking every now and then to see if it needed more fuel). Didn't work perfect, but still pretty good.

ETA: yes, not raw fish, but still fish :D

Last edited:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
(and funnily enough, I got wind up sushi toys yesterday that are sooo realistic looking :D)
Oooh....

And, ftr, i'm also addicted to sushi that doesn't have raw fish in it. There's a sushi bar nearby that does a brilliant cream cheese, avocado and pineapple-or-strawberry sushi. Great dessert after a combination of teriyaki and salmon and tuna and shrimp sushis.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Oooh....

And, ftr, i'm also addicted to sushi that doesn't have raw fish in it. There's a sushi bar nearby that does a brilliant cream cheese, avocado and pineapple-or-strawberry sushi. Great dessert after a combination of teriyaki and salmon and tuna and shrimp sushis.
Mmm...I like the non-raw kind too, like inari, unagi and kappa maki. I don't know about the cream cheese and fruit, that kind of brings me out of the sushi experience ;)

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Mmm...I like the non-raw kind too, like inari, unagi and kappa maki. I don't know about the cream cheese and fruit, that kind of brings me out of the sushi experience ;)
Can't say i'm an inari fan, but i do like me some unagi and nigiri. Kappa maki is okay too.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Cannibal :e2thud:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I love me some sushi.

My favorite sushi chefs got deported :( They were such a blast, too -- free sake bombs if they were also partaking, broken cups everywhere. I miss those dudes. Indonesian, actually.

We still have good sushi around, at least :) I love almost any kind with fish eggs :D And tons of wasabi.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Raw fish?

I prefer mine cooked in an oven set 10 degrees hotter than recommended, for 5 more minutes than recommended.

I like the chef to give it a once-over with a blowtorch, just to make sure.

megoblocks

Banned
Reaction score
Why would you want to recover from it? That truly is the question

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
OMG, me too! I'm lucky that sushi is also my daughter's favourite food so we'll be going out to my fave sushi place for her 11th birthday in a couple of weeks. Yummy!!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
I love me some sushi.

My favorite sushi chefs got deported :( They were such a blast, too -- free sake bombs if they were also partaking, broken cups everywhere. I miss those dudes. Indonesian, actually.

We still have good sushi around, at least :) I love almost any kind with fish eggs :D And tons of wasabi.
Yes, must have much wasabi. And ginger. The only failing of my favorite sushi bar is that they never give me enough wasabi.