PDA

View Full Version : Need help and information

sandy_rock_007
11-16-2010, 01:34 AM
Hello everyone,

I've written a 35 page treatment for a film and I want to hire someone (ghostwriter/writer) to make it into a full film script of about 13000 words. But before I hand over the treatment, I wanted to know what precautions I need to take before the treatment goes out of my hand. I also want to know what legal steps and agreements should I follow to make a deal with the writer.

I'm from India and I want someone from English-speaking countries to write the script for me. We will have to work online for the whole time.

My main purpose in that he shouldn't steal the idea, concept or the whole story.

I've heard about Non-Disclosure Agreement. But is it enough to just get a sign of NDA and provide him the treatment? How does a NDA look like? Can you guys provide me a sample?

Please help me.

As a precaution, I've registered the treatment with WGA.
Thank you.

------------------------------
UPDATE:

Please don't reply here. Reply in this post (Click here). (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196707)

Thank You.

jvc
11-16-2010, 01:45 AM
You've already started a thread in the Scripts, Stage and Screen forum. And one thread is enough. Do not make duplicate threads in multiple forums.