Status
Not open for further replies.

IHeartWriting

Lurking in the shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jblynn.wordpress.com
This one's got me scratching my head. Received a request for a full manuscript from Harlequin and a "full proposal synopsis". I've got the synopsis part, but does anyone know what the "full proposal" part means?

Thanks!
Jen

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
IHeartWriting said:
This one's got me scratching my head. Received a request for a full manuscript from Harlequin and a "full proposal synopsis". I've got the synopsis part, but does anyone know what the "full proposal" part means?

Thanks!
Jen

Jen, a full proposal simply means you're submitting a full/complete ms. (A "proposal" is also called a "partial" in that it's the synopsis and the first 3 chapters.) They also want a synopsis with it - just a regular synopsis of the story. What line are you submitting for?

And congrats on the request for the full! Way to go!

Susan G.

IHeartWriting

Lurking in the shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jblynn.wordpress.com
Thanks everyone!

I was just confused because the "full proposal synopsis" was requested and the very next question asked for the "full text with the synopsis".

I'm submitting to the Harlequin Intrigue line.

Thanks!
Jen

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
IHeartWriting said:
Thanks everyone!

I was just confused because the "full proposal synopsis" was requested and the very next question asked for the "full text with the synopsis".

I'm submitting to the Harlequin Intrigue line.

Thanks!
Jen

You want to really make yourself look good? Send in one of those character "cheat sheets" that they put in the front of the Intrigues. :) Look at a couple recent books, and then make up one for your book, and include that in the front of the ms. Makes them know you've done your homework on the line.

Good luck!

Susan G.

IHeartWriting

Lurking in the shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jblynn.wordpress.com
LOL Susan! You stole MY great idea! :idea:

I already had the character cheat sheet done up -- obviously I agree it's a great idea! Thanks for the suggestion. It was kind and generous of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.