PDA

View Full Version : Potential Editor Interest - Worth a Mention?

gideonna
11-14-2010, 11:40 PM
I recently met an editor at a conference and she was really positive about my work, but although she loved my voice, concept and characters, she felt the story needed an even stronger angle. She said she would be pleased to consider any revisions that I make.

I've just received my fourth request for a full from an agent (3 have already rejected), and wondered if it's worth mentioning this when sending my manuscript to the agency? I don't want to push a tenuous link, but I don't want to miss a chance to maximise an opportunity either. Has anyone encountered this situation before?

san_remo_ave
11-15-2010, 01:45 AM
No, I don't think it's worth mentioning to a potential agent, until they offer representation of it's just general interest expressed.

Have you revised it as the editor requested and resubmitted?

gideonna
11-15-2010, 02:00 AM
Thanks for your reply. I'll send the full manuscript to the agent without mentioning the editor and see what happens.

Either way, it's good to know that there's another possibility out there once I make a few tweaks. I haven't revised the story yet, although I do intend to resubmit a new version to the editor - with or without an agent.

Ryan_Sullivan
11-15-2010, 02:13 AM
Yeah, don't mention it yet. This is something you discuss when you start to send it out on sub. Good luck!