Monitoring and Machines after Stroke.

Storyteller5

Say something...
Registered
Reaction score
My MC's father has a stroke. Conscious and aware but does not speak to anyone. (Not sure if he's got paralysis. Very rough draft here.)
The day after, in the hospital, he loses consciousness.
The following day, still in hospital, he passes away.

What I'm needing some expertise on (and sadly from reading through this forum there are far too many people on AW who have had experience with loved ones having strokes) is the hospital stuff. I need to know what machinery and monitoring he'd have in the hospital. Basically my characters are in his room post loss of consciousness and I need this to be real.

Thanks for any help. :)

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I have a character in my novel who suffers from a stroke, and goes through pretty much the same as your MC's father, only big difference is he's living in the 15th century, no medical equipment there. So, I wasn't any help, but wanted to share.

If I can find it, there is a thread I started somewhere about a year ago on this topic, and someone posted a link to a video of a brain scientist describing what she went through and how she felt with her stroke. It helped me out with describing what my character goes through, and may be helpful to you. Let me see if I can find it.

Okay, I found it. I guess it was longer than a year ago. :)

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135673&highlight=stroke

Last edited: