PDA

View Full Version : Totally Cruel and Torturous Time Waster

mscelina
11-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Do not do this test in public unless you want people to think you are absolutely insane. (I just spent an hour singing quickly through songs trying to get to the sections I needed) And don't cheat either! Cheaters never prosper!

At any rate, here's a little test to see how up you are on your music lyrics from the eighties. It is MUCH harder than you think. And, if you're really feeling adventurous, there's also a test for nineties music on the same site.

Nota Bene: they also throw in COUNTRY lyrics. The rats.

http://www.yetanotherdot.com/asp/80s.html

KellyAssauer
11-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Nota Bene: they also throw in COUNTRY lyrics. The rats.

Count me out,
I'm horrible with International music!

Grrarrgh
11-14-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm trying to do this, but Mr. Grr is sitting here playing Rock Band, and I can't hear any of the other songs in my head while he's playing this. But it's something that we'd both really like, so I'll come back later and try it.

Mr Flibble
11-14-2010, 06:21 PM
I hate you.

:D

mscelina
11-14-2010, 07:40 PM
I know, right! When you're sitting somewhere WILLINGLY running through Dire Straits lyrics to get to the THREE BLANKS you need it's darn annoying!

BTW, I only scored an 82--and I was in radio in the mid-eighties.

KyraDune
11-14-2010, 07:44 PM
I got 66.5 on the eighties and a 47 on the nineties. Ouch.

mscelina
11-14-2010, 08:09 PM
I got a 56 on the nineties, but there were several trends in music I completely blocked from my mind. Hell, I even missed a Backstreet Boys question.

Thank God. :D

Jersey Chick
11-15-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm a total 80s nerd. I got a 95%. I misspelled Jesse and it wouldn't give it to me (in my defense, I didn't have the Rick Springfield album - just heard the song a LOT.)
:D