PDA

View Full Version : New Magazine seeking submissions

Thewaitingroommag
11-12-2010, 09:05 PM
The Waiting Room is a new magazine that will be distributed in waiting rooms throughout the country. The first issue will be published the first quarter of next year.

We are currently seeking submissions of all types. We currently have a need for poetry of any length, short fiction, essays, articles, and memoir pieces. Under 1500 words is preferred but we are flexible if the piece is right. Guidelines can be found on the website:

www.thewaitingroommag.com (http://www.thewaitingroommag.com)

We look forward to reading your work!

Tamara

Unimportant
11-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Given that your masthead has a sketch of an adult reading to a child, and that your magazine will feature advertising from local businesses who probably won't want their adverts associated with anything they don't approve of/support, is it correct to assume that when you say "submissions of all types" you really mean "family-friendly work in most genres"? If so, it might be a good idea to rewrite your submission guidelines. Otherwise you might get flooded with submissions of erotica, stories featuring non-white non-heterosexuals, non-Christian artwork, etc.

Thewaitingroommag
11-13-2010, 07:01 AM
Thanks for your interest. We are actually open to all types of submissions. I would rather have a chance to receive a quality piece that some may consider edgy than not see it all because the writer/artist second themselves.

On another note, we have excellent news - we are now a paying market, so I will post this on the other forum.

Thanks again for visiting the website and offering feedback.

Tamara

Maryn
05-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah, and again I suggest that a magazine intended to kill time for those stuck in a waiting room is not likely to accept that Domme diaper fetish story...

Seriously, now that some people have seen a copy, it's obvious you are decidedly not open to everything. I wish your guidelines were honest and said what is it you want. It since it seems a lot of people wasted their time submitting work which never had a chance--and never heard from you one way or the other. Not cool.

Maryn, not happy

misstypewriter
09-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Are you guys still looking?

CaoPaux
09-08-2011, 12:46 AM
Ostensibly. See their thread in Paying Markets here (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196507).

Closing this one.