• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need Someone to tear my UF manuscript apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

artemis31386

All around miscreant
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleymchristman.com
Hi all. I need a beta reader to tear apart my completed UF manuscript. I am looking for a very thorough critique of everything from plot holes, to character development, to grammar. I just want to make sure its as polished as possible before I start querying.

The manuscript is a little short of 70,000 words. (I'd like to beef the word count if its appropriate)

Here's the blurb:

[FONT=&quot]A simple insurance employee by day, assistant mercenary at night, Alex Grey has a long list of enemies. So when a head lands on her desk with a card signed V., she has no idea where to start. With the help of good looking billionaire, Derek Kaye, she discovers that V. is a demon named Victoria and Victoria wants her head on a silver platter for killing her sister. Throw in the fact that her company is in the middle of audits with a soul-sucking demon auditor, killing her co-workers; Alex has more than a full plate on her hands.

Thanks in advance.

[/FONT]

JayliaDarkness

Stepping through the Shadows
Registered
Reaction score
I also need a beta to tear my manuscript apart before querying. I've made some recent changes, and want to make sure they enhance the story, rather than hinder.

My MS is a YA Fantasy of 75,000 words about a teenage girl who travels to another Realm to record the history there. That's it in a nutshell, much more complex in real life. I have the query in the "share" section - POINT OF OBLIVION.

Send me a PM if you're interested in swapping stories.

Esmeralda

Snowman...on the job
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Ashley. I'm an executive assistant by day in an insurance and investment firm. I could at least find anything about the business that might be out of order. Hope to offer you a good read about the rest as well. PM me and I'll take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.