PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU because you deserve it

Snappy
11-11-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure where to put this post, but I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to fellow AWers. I joined the boards looking for tips and to speak to other writers. What I found is so much more. The advice I've received has been paramount in reshaping my work.

I've rewritten my query 5 times and it now seems to be in the best possible shape! My co-writer and I have decided to rework our story from 70k words to 90k words based on the market (again, from research based on this site and other sources). And we've gotten the greatest information on appropriate agents and publishers for our novel.

So again, just a THANK YOU for all of the help and support!

Kate Thornton
11-11-2010, 10:39 PM
I probably didn't help you much, but I certainly echo your thanks to the wonderful folks on this board. This is a great place and it makes me grin to know you recieved meaningful help. Nice going, everyone!

Miss Plum
11-11-2010, 10:54 PM
I've gotten great encouragement and advice on this board. It's wonderful to hear from others who have been there, done that, or who are just holding my cyber-hand as I venture into the unknown.

Susan Littlefield
11-12-2010, 12:55 AM
Glad you are part of the group! :)

gothicangel
11-12-2010, 01:41 AM
I've been a member for 2 years now.

It's been a steep learning curve. :D

Alitriona
11-12-2010, 01:59 AM
I know just how you feel. I'm still learning, I feel I will be learing about writing and publishing forever. There is always something new going on. I find myself constantly refering back to AW. I always recommend it to all the writers I talk to.

Perks
11-12-2010, 02:25 AM
That's a hardcore writer, right there, thanking us for inciting all that work and an extra 20,000 words.

You go!

(And best of luck!)

K1P1
11-12-2010, 05:34 AM
Can I say, "Me too! Me too!"

I joined AW when I was trying to get the contract executed for my second book, and realized that I really knew NOTHING about how nonfiction publishing worked. I learned just about all I know here. How to find the right agent. What to look for in contracts. How to draft a proposal. How effing long every step of the process can take. My third book is in editing now and I'm developing the concept for my fourth book.

Thank you, thank you AW and to all who a patiently answered questions, held my hand when the waiting was interminable, and who wrote all that wonder information stickied at the top of the nonfiction forum.

Ziljon
11-12-2010, 05:39 AM
I agree. I send every writer I meet to AW. It's the best!

SueLahna
11-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Here here! You guys have helped me figure out just how long it needs to be, what's over-complicated, what works and what doesn't. My good friend Mark was worried about calling it when he got his first rejection letter, I told him the story of LKH and sent him here. He's been back on the ball ever since. AW is the best forum for writers I've ever had the privilege to be a part of.