PDA

View Full Version : Literature For Kids - articles/poems/stories - ($5-$10)

LindaJM
11-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Submissions are being accepted at Literature For Kids (http://www.literature4kids.com/submissions) - see the submission guidelines for all the details. This will be a monthly online magazine for children, parents and writers of children's literature. The first issue will be published on January 1, 2011.

Susie
11-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi, Linda,

Just sent you a poem I hope you'll like. Much good luck with your magazine.

Susie
11-13-2010, 02:22 AM
Thanks so much for accepting my poem so quickly. It means a lot to me. Hope I have something else to submit.

onestepp
11-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Recently sent literatrue for kids a poem about snowflakes titled Awaken Snowflake for their e-zine, and didn't receive an e-mail that it was received. Hope it was received.

Also, Good Luck in your endeavor(literature4kids).

redflame
11-20-2010, 03:41 AM
Linda, do they still need submissions?

LindaJM
11-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Onestepp - sorry to say, I didn't get your submission! And... I'd really like to get a poem for my winter issue (January) so please send it again. I'll PM you in case you don't read this.

Susie - thanks for the submissions! I've been very encouraged by the submissions I got this last week.

Redflame - yes, I still need subs. I just started this endeavor and haven't filled my first year's calendar yet.

I've been getting poems and stories - and could use some articles too. There are themes listed on the Literature For Kids submissions page (http://www.literature4kids.com/submissions) (at the bottom).

I'm sorry to say... the low ($5 to $10) payments will continue at least through 2011 as at this point everything is coming out of my pocket (and I'm not well off) but I hope to be able to increase compensation in years to come.

Susie
11-21-2010, 06:39 AM
Thanks much, Linda. Hope you have much success in your endeavor. Good luck, guys.

Debbie V
11-23-2010, 03:21 AM
Thanks for accepting my poem also, Linda. Good luck to everyone else submitting.

onestepp
11-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Linda did receive your message about submission.

PM'd you the submission Awaken Snowflake since it wasn't received.

Let me know what you think of the poem.

onestepp
12-06-2010, 07:46 AM
December 4, 2010

Dear Linda Jo Martin:

Tried to PM, but didn't receive anything about submission that you'd like to see.

Below is the poem Awaken Snowflake which you asked for.

Believe it would fit in with Literature 4 Kids nicely.

Sincerely,

Jenifer McNamara - SCBWI member

Awaken Snowflake

Lift delicate arms

turn head around,

dance upon toes

feel winds pound.

Swing though icy air

spin, twist, and twirl,

arise with joy,

give it a whirl.

Large leaps of laughter

backflips and bends,

giant cartwheels

the fun, neverends!

jilly61
12-06-2010, 05:36 PM
I just sent a poem and a story through. I hope that one or both will be suitable for you.

onestepp
01-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Read the first issue of Literature for Kids it was nice. Also, read the guidelines, and noticed that the themes had no dates or deadline for submissions. An answer about deadlines for the themes would be appreciated so I can contribute to your e-zine.

LindaJM
01-06-2011, 03:50 AM
Thanks,

The themes are still current; when I no longer need submissions for them, I'll remove them from the list on the site.

Recently I added a table so I could tell exactly what I need or don't need (stories, poems, or articles).

Please email your submissions to 'linda at literature4kids.com'.

Greenwolf103
01-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Onestepp, I LOVE your poem!

onestepp
01-17-2011, 02:32 AM
Greenwolf103

Thank you for the compliment on poem Awaken Snowflake.

Do you know LindaJo Martin because I see that you reside in Oregon near where she does reside.

stormie
01-17-2011, 03:20 AM
Just happened upon this thread. The links to the home page and to the submissions page of Literature For Kids are down, as of 6:20 PM EST.

AdamH
01-18-2011, 12:26 AM
It's back up again.

Must've been some technical difficulties.

LindaJM
05-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Hello again, everyone...

Submissions for Literature For Kids are currently closed - at least until I can finish reviewing all the submissions I've already received.

Thanks to everyone from this message board that submitted their work to me. It has been a lot of fun reading the submissions, and meeting so many of you through email!