Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Hi! I just wanted you all to know that I'm getting a TON of e-mail/PMs/posts here about the project and I'm falling behind. If I haven't answered your question/s yet, it's not personal. I'm just doing my best to stay on track with the editing and cover art stuff.

It looks like the "flower in pavement" idea is pretty unanimous, so I'm trying to fly with that one. Much as I appreciate that people are sending me other ideas, I need to get my brain wrapped around one goal right now-- so I'm focusing on that.

We have about 100 cooks in the kitchen right now. ;) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that everyone is so involved and enthusiastic and ready to run with this! I just need a little space to make some decisions and get things done before I can attend to other questions and things... make sense?

Making initial contacts is great, but please wait until we have a final press release that includes ordering info and our final release date before sending out "official" information about the project. It'll be a waste of effort if things get printed before anyone knows how to order the book.

Charlie is acting as the point person for questions related to Lulu and the publishing process. (Thanks, Charlie!)

I'm off to do some more editing. I'll check back in later about cover art stuff.

Rose colored glasses

Registered
Reaction score
Jenna - since you have so much email coming in, I thought I would post this here. I got an email from a photographer who wants to help. He has a daffodil in snow picture, and maybe others that you would like.

I don't want to post his info here. He wants to talk on the phone, but I am not knowledgeable about resolution, etc., so I emailed you with his name, website, and phone number.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay gang, I'm gonna stand outside Jenna's door for a bit so nobody can bug her.
wink.gif

We may have to sit on our hands a little in the next few days while the cover is finalized and the copyediting is progressing, but what we can do in the meantime is continue to compile our contact lists in preparation for the big push. As Jenna said above, don't send out anything official yet. You can certainly feel people out to gauge their interest. For example, I will be contacting CanadaAM up here before the press release is ready because I want to try to set something up for the day the book is released, or as close to that as possible.

You could make a list of 'talking points' you want to cover when you speak to people about the project, including the title and purpose of the book, Jenna, well known contributors, and so on.

As for Lulu and the publishing process, I volunteered at gunpoint (just kidding) to field questions regarding how they do things so that Jenna could concentrate on getting the book ready. Ask away in the questions thread. I do have a day job (so far), so it may take me a little time to hunt down the answer if I don't already have it crammed into some dusty corner of my brain. In fact, ask any question you like over there about the whole project and I'll try to find the answer for you. If anyone happens to know the answer to a question asked in there, feel free to post it.

Let me add my appreciation as well for the enthusiasm everyone is displaying for this project. I'm in awe. I know you probably feel like race horses in the starting gate anxious to get the race underway, I know I do. It'll happen soon, and it's going to be unbelievable when it does.

Thanks, y'all!

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
CC, I can help you help Jenna help us... ... hmm.. .anyway, I have some experience with Lulu so if there are any questions on that, bounce it off to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.