Talking in your sleep :D

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I love whacky sleep stories, and I got a huge kick out of one this morning.

I can carry on conversations in my sleep that I never remember later. In the morning, I am known to lie very convincingly on the phone about whatever anyone is asking me. Seriously, people have to give me hard math problems to tell whether I'm really awake or not.

This morning, my dad was up my way and was buying donuts. He called to ask if I wanted some, and what kind.

Apparently, I really wanted coroner donuts. He thought maybe I'd said 'corner' donuts, but I corrected him rather bitchily that of course I meant 'coroner' donuts. Duh.

One of my WIPs involves a murder investigation :ROFL:

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently I do this a lot... Or so I've been told.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Lol! You started it. :D

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm surprised this is the first thread I've even seen at AW on this topic.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
This morning, my dad was up my way and was buying donuts. He called to ask if I wanted some, and what kind.

Apparently, I really wanted coroner donuts. He thought maybe I'd said 'corner' donuts, but I corrected him rather bitchily that of course I meant 'coroner' donuts. Duh.

One of my WIPs involves a murder investigation :ROFL:
Lol! Coroner donuts.

My sister is the queen of weird random sleep outbursts. Once she walked into my room, from her room, to yell, "Jamie, what's your big, fat problem?!" at me while I was asleep.

At a sleepover, she sat up suddenly, scaring us all from our sleeping bags to announce, "And that was the other poem I was telling you about."

But my alltime favorite was waking her up from where she'd been sleeping on the tv room floor. (We had been watching a movie and she'd dozed off.) She got up, dashed to the laundry room door, bent waaaaay over at the waist in slow motion and tapped, very softly, near the bottom of the door.

When I asked her what she was doing, she said, "But you said... you said... awww, forget it." Then she curled up at the bottom of the door and went back to sleep.

She hadn't been drinking. She was only about ten years old. Lol!

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
And I used to sleep walk. I would get up and unplug electrical appliances. Once I woke up with my dresser drawers emptied around me, folding stuff back in. Once I woke up in the closet, wound up like a mummy in my bedsheet. Didn't like that one at all.

The last time I walked in my sleep, it was a classic horror movie thing. Normally, once I finally woke up I'd be able to nail down some vague remembrance of how I got there. But this last time was maybe nine years ago. I woke up and pulled back the bedcovers and saw dirt on the sheets at the bottom. My feet were dirty. My shoes were in the wrong place. (I'm very tidy and always put things in the same spot. I think I'm convinced on some level that I'll go blind one day.)

Anyway, that was weird enough, but later that day, my raging alcoholic neighbor told me that he'd seen my sister on the deck at about 5am as he was going to bed. Problem was, my sister wasn't visiting at the time.

Eeeep.

I have no idea what I did that night.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
One time, I was dreaming about seeing Jerry Seinfeld in his stand-up comedy days. I woke up laughing hysterically - I mean like, my sides ached from laughing so hard kind of hysterical. I couldn't remember what it was that was so funny, but man, I was laughing so hard I was crying. :D

shyne

At your service
Registered
Reaction score
I laugh in my sleep quite a bit.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
an asleep someone, once said to me these sage words that i'm about to impart to you all now. provided, of course, that you all agree to use them for good, not evil.

by highlighting the words below (which you will find written in invisible type) you agree to the terms outlined above.

zucchini bread

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
And I used to sleep walk. I would get up and unplug electrical appliances. Once I woke up with my dresser drawers emptied around me, folding stuff back in. Once I woke up in the closet, wound up like a mummy in my bedsheet. Didn't like that one at all.

The last time I walked in my sleep, it was a classic horror movie thing. Normally, once I finally woke up I'd be able to nail down some vague remembrance of how I got there. But this last time was maybe nine years ago. I woke up and pulled back the bedcovers and saw dirt on the sheets at the bottom. My feet were dirty. My shoes were in the wrong place. (I'm very tidy and always put things in the same spot. I think I'm convinced on some level that I'll go blind one day.)

Anyway, that was weird enough, but later that day, my raging alcoholic neighbor told me that he'd seen my sister on the deck at about 5am as he was going to bed. Problem was, my sister wasn't visiting at the time.

Eeeep.

I have no idea what I did that night.

Perks, I'm so glad you were familiar with this phenomenon before you met me :D

Perks and I shared a hotel room for a writer's conference, as complete strangers.

It was an absolute blast! Except for the embarrassing fact that I screamed loudly at her in my sleep for getting up in the night :e2smack:.

I think I'd warned you of my eccentricities :D :D

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
I have a friend who would have entire conversations with you in her sleep. She'd answer questions and everything.

She's surprisingly easy to get blackmail material out of... :D

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I sleepwalk, but my brother used to. Once my dad caught him, in his soccer uniform, with his soccer ball, walking outside to "go to a game". It was in the middle of the night!

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Perks, I'm so glad you were familiar with this phenomenon before you met me :D

Perks and I shared a hotel room for a writer's conference, as complete strangers.

It was an absolute blast! Except for the embarrassing fact that I screamed loudly at her in my sleep for getting up in the night :e2smack:.
Do you know, I actually totally forgot about that until just this second. God, I'm laughing so hard now. You scared the shit out of me.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't sleepwalked since I was a child (that I know of), and I think I was told that I'd done it a couple of times then. Once, when I was very young, I had apparently got up from the open living room at my relatives' house where several of us were sleeping, walked to the fountain in the middle of the courtyard and had climbed up on to the edge, before one of my aunts or uncles finally stopped chuckling and decided they ought to turn me around at that point. :D

Hubby reports me suddenly saying nonsensical things to him in the night, before falling asleep again while he's left scratching his head, but it's rare enough to be a source of amusement rather than irritation, fortunately. :)

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My 9-year-old has always talked in his sleep. He doesn't just talk though, he makes big statements in a profound, authoritative tone. I don't know how many times I've awakened thinking who is he arguing with?

Jax3683

writing around the edges of life
Registered
Reaction score
I've been known to hold entire conversations in my sleep :Shrug:

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My husband whimpers in his sleep. He swears this didn't start until he married me.

:(

imagoodgurl4

Attack!
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, my cousin Jack used to talk in his sleep. We all grilled him one night and he told us about his crush on Rebecca Romijn Stamos, and he though he was Spiderman and tried to climb my brother's bedroom wall.

Then, once, we were on a family vacation and stayed at my dad's friend's house and I must have slept walked because my dad came into the bathroom and found me sleeping on the bathroom floor and when he tried to wake me up, I yelled, "Somebody's in here!"

Then, my friend and former college roommate once told me that when she got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, I was asleep in my bed and my legs were straight up in the air. I didn't believe her and so she waited the next night and took a photo of it and showed it to me. Indeed, I am asleep on my back with my legs straight up in the air. Kinda funny and we laugh about it all the time, lol.