PDA

View Full Version : BrandNewCool.com Seeking Contributors

Jcomp
11-09-2010, 03:26 AM
So some of you may have seen or even visited the link to the Brand New Cool that I keep in my sig line as a means of shameless self-promotion. For any who haven't, Brand New Cool is a mostly dude-centric entertainment news site (though we are definitely looking for some contributions that come from a female perspective) covering cool topics from a slightly nerdy, always humorous POV. Or is it a slightly humorous, always nerdy POV?

No matter. We need additional contributors, as the primary writers have been myself and the site's co-founder J. Pines. We are, frankly, exhausted. We're focusing efforts on developing BNC clothing lines and original video comedy amongst many, many other ventures and we need help with keeping the regularly scheduled topics d'jour afloat. The site is divided into four primary categories: Entertainment (movies, music, etc.), Sports, Tech and Style. There is also a "Blogs" section for topics that don't fall under a specific category. We primarily need help with the Sports and Style sections but so long as you feel you can provide at least 1-2 solid posts per day we welcome you to submit some writing samples for any section that interests you.

Right now we cannot pay but as mentioned above we are working on some aggressive expansion into areas that should boost profits and obviously when we reach the level where we can pay for contributions people who have previously contributed quality, popular articles will be at the front of the line to get a dime or two.

Feel free to visit the site (http://www.brandnewcool.com) and review a few posts to see the kind of stuff we cover and the general tone of what we write. Again we almost always look for a humorous angle, though we try not to be snarky and negative just for its own sake. Hating, after all, is for haters, which we are not. WORD OF WARNING: You may encounter some "eye-candy" pics in the galleries or morning links sections of young women in skimpy attire (bikinis, lingerie, etc.). No nudity, pron or blow-up shots of T&A, and you can usually avoid seeing it up close if you just, you know, don't click on the pretty clearly labeled links, but I obviously understand if you're not interested in seeing that, and want to give a proper heads up ahead of time lest anyone be surprised.

Our internal demographic stats show that in the year+ we've been active our primary readership is men aged 18-34 with no children and at least some college education. We are very interested in broadening that readership, particularly in regard to attracting a larger female audience in roughly the same age range. Our site focus is also beginning to branch off into "advice" columns in addition to the daily news and updates. If you're interested (or know anyone who might be), email me about it at jcompton[a]brandnewcool.com.

Perks
11-09-2010, 03:55 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm not cool enough to contribute, but I think the Brand New Cool, is a really fun, smart site.

Best of luck, Jcomp!

Jcomp
11-09-2010, 04:38 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm not cool enough to contribute, but I think the Brand New Cool, is a really fun, smart site.

Best of luck, Jcomp!

Heck, if I'm cool enough to contribute, you more than qualify...

Thanks for the good word.