Seeking fellow copywriters in Boston area for business support group

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgately

Registered
Reaction score
Seeking fellow copywriters in Boston area for business writing group

Hello!
I am hoping to find some fellow full-time business writers in the Boston area (I am in Cambridge). Ideally, I'd like to form a group of 6 or so, to meet monthly for idea sharing, mutual job referrals and comaraderie. Please post here if you would be interested in meeting to see if this is feasible.
Thanks!
Susan

Good Word

still crazy after all these years
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
Susan, how funny. I lived in Cambridge for 10 years and moved to the north shore a few years ago. Not sure if I could swing it time-wise for a meeting (also, I'm doing tech editing, not copywriting) but you are in a good place for what you are trying to do, and the market is picking up. But maybe we could meet for lunch or talk on the phone sometime. It wouldn't surprise me if our paths have crossed.

Check me out at www.wordmountain.com

I just got my new site up.

Lisa

pconsidine

Too Adorkable for Words
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pjcopy.com
Dang. I just moved out of the area a couple of years ago. I lived for three years in Arlington and, like Lisa said, it wouldn't surprise me if our paths had crossed, too.

Strangers in the night...exchanging glances...

sgately

Registered
Reaction score
Hello again! I'm sorry I was AWOL--I was dealing with too many things. I like your site! I'd be happy to chat--I always have terrible traffic experiences when I head to the North Shore, but if you happened to be in the Boston area I'd love to meet for lunch. Do you ever come in this way?

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
Hey I just saw this post. I live in Billerica and am in Cambridge about once a week.

sgately

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!
What kind of work do you do, copywriting? Are you building a business or have you been in business a while? Just curious to see what you are interested in regarding business writing. My site www.con-comm.com has most of my info fyi.
Thanks!

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there- I am a copywriter who is building my business. I have a few clients. I also freelance for magazines with a few articles scheduled to appear in the coming months. I focus on both equally. I need to balance it out to keep things interesting.

sgately

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Katherine,

Interesting! I also write occasionally for magazines (and would love for that to overtake the copywriting side of my business...in my dreams). Do you plan to come to Cambridge anytime soon? It would be fun to meet for lunch. I see you speak German--are you from Germany? I have just started learning German--my fiance is half German.

Susan

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
Ich habe im Deutschland zwei Jahre gewohnt. Ich komme aus New Hampshire, und jetzt wohne ich im Billerica. Ich fliege nach Deutschland am Samstag! Do you take German at the Goethe Institute?

I actually make it into Cambridge almost once a week. But my schedule is pretty packed for a while now so I may not be in until November.

Actually, I am focusing my efforts mostly on Copywriting now. Year is almost over and I am nowhere near meeting my financial goals. My new plan is to do copywriting 75% of the time and the other writing 25% of the time. I want to build my business.

sgately

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I do study at the Goethe Institute: I'm in A1A which will tell you what my level is (beginner). Have a great trip to Germany and let me know if you'd like to meet up sometime when things are calmer!

Status
Not open for further replies.