Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Is Shyamalan directing again? -_-
Bad enough it's rare to see characters that look even remotely of Asian heritage in Manga and Anime, we don't need that in live action.

Edit: Read the article, curse the people who have to ruin things by screwing their cultural context. They had better leave the thing alone. Or so help me...I will not go see it.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, Zac Efron is creepy looking.

Why can't we get Asian actors? I mean fans aren't going to mind a non-western setting with non-western characters/culture...oh wait. I forgot that Hollywood has to dumb everything down for the general public. Bleh.

fredXgeorge

I heart sexy elves and wizards.
Registered
Reaction score
I had a dream about Zefron last night. He was my boyfriend.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, Zac Efron is creepy looking.

Why can't we get Asian actors? I mean fans aren't going to mind a non-western setting with non-western characters/culture...oh wait. I forgot that Hollywood has to dumb everything down for the general public. Bleh.

Exactly. I think there are plenty of very talented Asian actors that could fill this part and do it nicely.

But Zac Efron? Not only is he one of the whitest white boys out there, but he can barely act.

Night_Sky

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Same here guys, I'd love to see more Asian actors. Since I don't see it happening anytime soon, I'll stick to Chinese films with English subtitles. :)

*Goes off to rewatch Kung Fu Hustle.*

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
When I first watched Akira, for the life of me I could not understand what the nation of Canada had done to these people to make the calling of the country's name such a powerful epitaph.