• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader wanted for thriller

Status
Not open for further replies.

acadia1997

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancysthompson.com
After working with three critique partners, I have polished my WIP and would like to find a beta reader or two before I begin the querying process. I would like to find someone who often reads thrillers. I certainly wouldn't mind working with another critique partner either.

If you are interested, please email me at [email protected].

My query is posted below:

He was a good man, a decent man. That’s what Skylar Karras saw every time he looked in the mirror. It’s what everyone saw when they looked at him. A straight arrow, his brother once called him. But that was before. Before his brother’s accident took the lives of their parents and sister. Before his brother got them both mixed up with San Francisco’s Russian mafia. Before his wife’s identity was compromised, her life, and that of their unborn child, both forfeit in a moment of rage. Then everything changed.

Bitter beyond reason, Skylar macerates in alcohol. He’s driven into madness, his soul eaten away by his need for vengeance. His target is a stranger, the woman who drew his wife recklessly toward her death. He doesn't know her, but he’ll find her and when he does, God, how she will pay! But many things happen that Sky doesn’t count on, like mistaking the wrong woman for his intended victim.

Now all his plans have gone to hell. Sky, his eyes made clear by the stark reality of his mistake, is now driven, compelled by relentless remorse to make amends, to protect her, keep her safe and out of the hands of the merciless Russians who seek to enslave her. Sky’s desperate journey toward redemption is paved with peril as he fights to free his brother from the depraved authority of the Russians. But he can’t do it all: save the girl, his brother and his own soul. Someone must make the ultimate sacrifice.

THE MISTAKEN is an 85,000 word thriller and my first novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.