Did you vote today? (moved from Roundtable)

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
No vote cast = no right to whine.
I love to whine, so I voted.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did. It was my first time voting in my current town. It was weird. The ballot had to be handwritten, and there were tons and tons of old people there. They were standing around their walkers, some with cigars, chatting it up. At first, I wasn't sure I was at the right place. None of them seemed to actually be voting...

Very, very strange.

MumblingSage

Inarticulate Herb
Registered
Reaction score
No vote cast = no right to whine.
I love to whine, so I voted.

Exactly.

I'm voting after school, so during my free hour I'm going to do some last-minute research on the more obscure candidates...It's no different from how I go about my homework assignments.

For at last on position (Lieutenant Governor) I'm voting against rather than for someone, which always makes the decision process easier, although the last time I voted against someone the wack job won anyway. Please, fellow voters, be smarter this time...

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
The last time I voted, we lived in Cincinnati. Nobody knew or cared who the heck I was and I had to plan it so I could go when the lines were short.

Here in Small Town, PA, my husband and I walked across the street to the polling place, where three older ladies and an older gentleman sat at table facing each other all by themselves in the middle of the gym, eating from a platter of cheese and crackers. They knew exactly who I was the moment I walked through the door even though I am registered by my full name (Lori is a nickname no one ever associates with my full name) and they had already figured out that my husband's registration hadn't gone through on time because of a screw up at the DMV.

Scary and comforting at the same time.

Last edited:

monkey see monkey do

Recklessly Pessimistic
Registered
Reaction score
I will after work. It will be nice and quiet just how I like it.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
But of course. The polling place was already crowded at 7 a.m. -- I live in a very political neighborhood. Seemed to be lots of enthusiasm. In fact, the woman in front of me marked off multiple candidates for each position, so the ballot counter kept spitting hers out with the baleful error message "OVERVOTED!"

I voted for the Cool Moose candidate for Lt. Governor. Only in Rhode Island.

The big referendum in RI is whether to change the state name from "Rhode Island and Providence Plantations" to plain old "Rhode Island." I don't think we're going to give up the distinction of having the longest state name, however.

Unfortunately it was too late to add the Frank Caprio referendum to the ballot, moving that the state motto be changed from "Hope" to "Shove it."

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
ivoted2.gif

Scribhneoir

Reinventing Myself
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Since I had to be at work today before the polls opened, I'll be voting this evening straight after my doctor's appointment. "Governor" is not an entry level position and I've got to do my part to keep the amateur-with-enormous-bank-account from buying her way into the office.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I voted, and I kinda like to see all the people who work the polls sitting together at that long table, shuffling papers and drinking Pepsi.

I bet that's just what it was like when they signed the constitution.

*warm fuzzies*

dawinsor

Dorothy A. Winsor
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I voted weeks ago here in Iowa. I love early voting. You just go down to the courthouse and fill out a ballot.

Aldrey

Writer in the making
Registered
Reaction score
I voted via mail a couple of weeks ago. I just wish we had a better choice for governor in California.

JamieFord

giving resonant directions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieford.com
I did, despite the rampant voter intimidation. All those sweet, smiling, silver-haired old ladies...they scare me...

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can whine (and you better believe I probably will be, several wing-nuts running in my districts). I voted by mail a couple of weeks ago.

MM

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I'm Canadian. We voted municipally in the last week or two. I'm not sure when, because I didn't vote. I did whine, though...about the miles and miles of VISUAL POLLUTION in the form of candidate signage. ACK! Hate it!

I have never voted once in my 44 years. Wait! Yes...I voted for the Quebec referendum...to KEEP Quebec as part of Canada. J'aime le Québec. I'm selfish.

I know nothing of politics, so I do not feel guilty NOT voting. I feel that it is my duty to NOT vote. I mean, I know NOTHING. And I care not of any of it. My eyes glass over when politics come up in conversation. I actually tell people not to bother, because I don't know anything. I don't know names, issues, nothing. I would never vote if I wasn't fully informed...being ZERO INFORMED, it is my duty to pass on the vote. It would actually be a crime if I voted. I'd be voting for how pretty the name sounds. Period.

ChronicSelfEditor

F.K.A. NolaBlue
Registered
Reaction score
Nope I didn't because I don't believe it makes a bit of difference. I used to vote every election, but not since 2004 (?) have I voted.

shadowwalker

empty-nester!
Registered
Reaction score
I voted - in the same building my family's voted in for the last 50-odd years. And it still has that musty "used-once-a-week-at-most" smell LOL And yeah - the little old ladies and smiling old gentlemen all knew who I was! :D

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
I voted. It was crowded. I'm with the DIE INCUMBENTS DIE group. I was tempted to write in a few like Foghorn Leghorn or Wiley Coyote but I restrained myself.
I did want to :box:at pretty much everything on the ballot.