PDA

View Full Version : Secretariat

robeiae
11-02-2010, 02:58 AM
No thread on this movie?

One word review: Outstanding

Two word review: Near Perfect

I seriously consider this a must-see, especially for people with children. Take them. Take them all.

It's a beautifully crafted movie and it has a great tale to tell.

maestrowork
11-02-2010, 03:04 AM
It's a good family film, in the very vein of Disney. I think Diane Lane is great in it, as are most of the cast. I just kind of wish they didn't make her look so much like a BIG movie star.

dclary
11-02-2010, 03:45 AM
We were considering this, despite my current record of not seeing horse movies in the theater (I almost broke that record for Hidalgo, I did).

Think it can keep a 6-year-old's interest?

maestrowork
11-02-2010, 03:57 AM

Probably not -- this is rather adult, even though it's a family film. Unless said 6yo is rather mature and really likes horses.... I mean, REALLY REALLY likes horses.

Duchessmary
11-02-2010, 05:36 AM
Enjoyable and uplifting!!! Diane Lane did a great job and the trainer was a riot.

robeiae
11-02-2010, 04:01 PM
We were considering this, despite my current record of not seeing horse movies in the theater (I almost broke that record for Hidalgo, I did).

My 10-year-old son liked it a great deal. My 12-year-old thought it was one of the best movies she had ever seen.

There was a crowd of younger kids there, too. I figure they were six to eight. They didn't talk during the movie, so they must have followed most of it. And they cheered at the right moments. But six is definitely borderline.

Btw, neither of my kids asked to go see the movie. I just told them we were going. My son is big action guy (like most boys his age), so I was very pleased that he enjoyed it. I knew my daughter would love it.

PS: Diane Lane just keeps getting better. It's a long way from Streets of Fire...

Noah Body
11-02-2010, 04:48 PM
So it's better than Sea Biscuit? :D I watched that on a flight home from Hong Kong and it almost drove me mad.

ChronicSelfEditor
11-02-2010, 04:53 PM
I saw Secretariat about a week ago and I agree 100% with the reviews given.
I will be sorely disappointed if it doesn't win an oscar for best cinematography.
I'm just still trying to figure out why no one has ever mentioned that he was owned by a woman in all the years I've watched the Triple Crown.