Not open for further replies.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Hi everyone. Are there threads on AW for Graphic Novels or comics?

My husband and I have done several comics, based on our family life.

We did them last year, I wrote the script and he did the artwork.

Anyway, we find them hilarious. We finally showed them to a neighbor a few days ago, and he was laughing his butt off, too.

Any advice on how to or who to submit these to?

Thanks!

batyler65

Plot Monkey
Registered
Reaction score
Pam,
I don't think we have any specific threads for graphic novels/comics. Since they are humorous, you are more than welcome to post discussions about them here.

As far as advice goes, the best I can offer is to scout out your local bookstores, find out who publishes similar material and look them up in Writer's Market or Google them. You'll want to look for "writer's guidelines" or "submission guidelines" to find out how the companies prefer to receive material.

Or, if Writer's Market and Google come up empty, you can always write to the company and request their writer's guidelines. (Send a SASE). You might also keep your ears open for agents who handle that type of thing. I don't know any off the top of my head (others feel free to chime in). Many publishers only look at agented submissions.

Hope this helps you get started. Others may add their voices to the chorus, so maybe you will get more specific advice.

Oh, and WELCOME to AW!

Barb

Status
Not open for further replies.