Hooray! : ) Agent Representation!

HorsebackWriter

Dream at a gallop!
Registered
Reaction score
I first found AW in 2008 after I'd written a YA novel and began searching for information on the next step. I was amazed to find this community of writers after a lifetime of solitary writing.

Here, I learned about the query process, how to write a synopsis, the industry, and many other writer tools too numerous to count.

I ended up shelving the first novel and writing another. I came so close, with an exclusive R&R in October 2009 that didn't pan out.

So, I wrote a third novel, [email protected], and began querying it June 1st, 2010. I received rejections and plodded onward, collecting requests (and more rejections) along the way.

And then, the floodgates opened. Last week, I received three offers of representation, a fourth on Thursday, and woke up Friday morning to the phone ringing, which was another (surprise!) offer!

The past seven days have been exciting, amazing, surreal! I still have agent emails to send, so I'll be back when I'm through to announce who I'm signing with.

I just wanted to thank you for your help, generosity, knowledge, encouragement, companionship and friendship along the way.

I wouldn't be here without you. : )

Em

Last edited:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! That is unbelievably exciting! Congratulations! And great title, btw! :hooray:

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome!!! :D

Congratulations!

HorsebackWriter

Dream at a gallop!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone!

I've accepted an offer of representation from Beth Fleisher of the Barry Goldblatt Literary Agency! I have some revisions to do for Beth, and then I'm out on sub!

: )

Em

NicoleMD

Onomatopotamus
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Congratulations!!!!

:PartySmil:PartySmil

Happy dances for you!!!

Nicole

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif

smiley-happy096.gif

poze.gif

emoticon-char-038.gif

gypsyscarlett

Ma fin est mon commencement
Registered
Reaction score
Your post gave me goosebumps. :)

Your very, very, very proud and thrilled beta reader waves hello. :hi:

I can't tell you how happy I am for you. You worked so hard for this, and finally you connected with agents who saw the talent that I saw in you from the beginning.

Congratulations, Em!!! :hooray:

:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
I first found AW in 2008 after I'd written a YA novel and began searching for information on the next step. I was amazed to find this community of writers after a lifetime of solitary writing.

Here, I learned about the query process, how to write a synopsis, the industry, and many other writer tools too numerous to count.

I ended up shelving the first novel and writing another. I came so close, with an exclusive R&R in October 2009 that didn't pan out.

So, I wrote a third novel, [email protected], and began querying it June 1st, 2010. I received rejections and plodded onward, collecting requests (and more rejections) along the way.

And then, the floodgates opened. Last week, I received three offers of representation, a fourth on Thursday, and woke up Friday morning to the phone ringing, which was another (surprise!) offer!

The past seven days have been exciting, amazing, surreal! I still have agent emails to send, so I'll be back when I'm through to announce who I'm signing with.

I just wanted to thank you for your help, generosity, knowledge, encouragement, companionship and friendship along the way.

I wouldn't be here without you. : )

Em

Great post. mega congrats :)

Offers are like buses...