PDA

View Full Version : Come to my Pity Party!

butterfly
10-30-2010, 04:40 PM
never mind, I'm over it.

Gehanna
10-30-2010, 06:13 PM
I had my pity party last week because I was ill, but I would like to try to relate to you on a particular issue.

My brother, who is my only sibling, is very wealthy. I think it is a wonderful thing that he has become financially successful, but the demands of his wealth have created an issue of family separation. I have attempted, more than once, to express my desire to reconnect with him, but they fail.

I am not wealthy, but I am also not in need. I have not ever asked him for money and I have no desire to. I admit that I have some envy because I would like to travel, but my envy is not his fault. Mostly, I miss my brother. I no longer know who he is.

Gehanna

BeatrixKiddo
11-02-2010, 01:09 AM
Tease!!!

whacko
11-02-2010, 01:26 AM
You come to mine. I'm all dressed up and nowhere to go since you called of yours.

Yeshanu
11-02-2010, 01:32 AM
I had my pity party last week because I was ill, but I would like to try to relate to you on a particular issue.

My brother, who is my only sibling, is very wealthy. I think it is a wonderful thing that he has become financially successful, but the demands of his wealth have created an issue of family separation. I have attempted, more than once, to express my desire to reconnect with him, but they fail.

I am not wealthy, but I am also not in need. I have not ever asked him for money and I have no desire to. I admit that I have some envy because I would like to travel, but my envy is not his fault. Mostly, I miss my brother. I no longer know who he is.

Gehanna

Have you tried writing him a letter, saying essentially what you've said here? Perhaps send him a Christmas card this year.

Sometimes, writing works when speaking doesn't because the reader has time to absorb, and isn't threatened by the need to reply immediately.

In any case, don't give up. Eventually, he'll find out that family and friends are worth more than coins and pieces of paper.