PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on Czech policing

Zelenka
10-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to check up on ranks within both the state and municipal police forces in the Czech Republic but am coming up blank in all my internet searches. I can find loads of info on the organisational structure of the departments etc but nothing on the actual officers / titles.

Could anyone help or at least point me towards a good site with this info, in English if possible although so far my Czech has been good enough to let me read the other sites so I might be OK with that as well?

I would be very grateful as my google fu is seriously failing me this time.

Thanks
J

BRDurkin
10-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Try this link here.

http://www.uniforminsignia.net/?option=com_insigniasearch&Itemid=53&result=200

Hope that helps.

Zelenka
10-31-2010, 12:53 AM
Thank you so much, that is exactly the thing. :)

BRDurkin
10-31-2010, 02:27 AM
No problem. I tried yahoo for that. Sometimes it comes up with weird stuff which is exactly what you need, haha. Glad I could be of help.

L.C. Blackwell
10-31-2010, 09:53 AM
Nice find! I'm bookmarking that one myself, thanks! :)

BRDurkin
11-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Careful, you'll make me feel like I did more than type "Czech Republic police ranks" in the search box! ;)

But I'm glad it helped.

chicklit
11-01-2010, 05:22 PM
You may already be aware of this, and I've no idea what you're writing about wrt Czech Police, but something to note in case you're not aware, there are different types of Czech police, the two major departments often being mistaken by foreigners as having the same type of power, when in reality one group really doesn't have much authority to do anything and are often ignored and easily bribed because of this. The other group is easily bribed as well, but they have a good deal more authority.

Useless information, perhaps. Just thought I'd put it out there if you're interested.

Edited to say: I've just looked at that link and noticed it says 92-2004, which is roughly from the Velvet Divorce to the time CZ entered the EU. Ranks may be different now... but perhaps not. Again, just something to note.

chicklit
11-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Ok, so here's the official one -- there are more ranks listed here (this is called Hodnostní označení in český) than on the other page. These are the ranks for the State Police, who have the most authority. I dunno if the city policie have their own ranks, I'd have to look that up, but they are real cops too, with guns and everything, just with much less authority.

HTH!

http://www.policie.cz/policejni-hodnosti.aspx

chicklit
11-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Erm, ok one more... lol.

Here are the city police, the ones with less authority. http://www.mppraha.cz/o-mestske-policii/oznaceni/funkcni-oznaceni/

If you need it, Google Translate can do a decent translation.

Again, HTH. :)

Zelenka
11-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Thank you so much. It's the state police in particular that I'm interested in though the city police may come into it, not entirely sure yet. (This is NaNo stuff so it's still a bit rough). But thank you so much for your help!

chicklit
11-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Glad to be of help. If it matters, something to note about the state police is that they almost always travel in 3's. City police are more commonly solo or in pairs.

City police have much sexier uniforms, too, if you'd care to know. :tongue

BRDurkin
11-02-2010, 05:08 AM
City police have much sexier uniforms, too, if you'd care to know. :tongue

That's the most important part! :P

chicklit
11-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Damn skippy! ;)