PDA

View Full Version : Beta Reader needed for YA Horror/Thriller

amlptj
10-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Hi!

So, I have a series, that I've been writing for the last 8 years, and am FINALLY ready to get the ball rolling to find someone to read it and tell me what they think.

So I'm looking for a reliable beta reader to read it over tell me what they think about the story line, structure, characters, dialogue, ect. I'm not really looking for someone to instruct with grammar and spelling. You see I'm dyslexic and have a boat load of issues with that which I really can't fix, so I don't like to be harassed about it. (But be assured that I have a special program that has proofread the whole thing and corrected it, so you don't need to worry about not being able to understand it) I can take criticism but, there is no need to be harsh about it. A gentle "didnt get this part" would do. :)

Anyway here is the little summary of what my book is about.

On November 15, 2003 every human on earth fell into a coma. The only ones left, myself, three other teens, and terrifying nightmarish creatures roaming the streets. Their goals unclear, but their intentions were to kill us. Why? Because they dubbed us FREAKS. To save our young lives we ran, hid and fought all the while discovering secrets of the world no human was ever meant to know and uncovering the alarming truths about what we are. With dangerous eyes and ears lurking around every corner no one and nothing can be trusted, but we might have learned this lesson a little too late as we attempt to save ourselves and the fate of the world. Learn the shocking secrets of the world around you and its unknown horrifying history in Legend of the FREAKS.

And my first chapter is on YA SYW under Legend of the FREAKS. If anyone wants to give it a read over. The first chapter is in Thrid person though. That changes during chapter 2 though.

Ok so its ~100k. (Sorry it's so long!) it's written in first person, I myself, am not only the author but the character and narrator.(I know, weird) it's of course a fiction book, but it's written to be believed, so it's written as though a non-fiction book. (I tell you this because my writing style might be confusing if you don't know this. Just a heads up)

So if you're interested either leave a comment or PM me. And and agree with others on this site about please only people with more than 100 posts. I'm very protective of my work, not discriminatory. Thank you all who read this.

Tsiamon
11-04-2010, 02:09 AM
Are you willing to swap work?

amlptj
11-04-2010, 03:17 AM
I'd be willing to swap work. Right now since no one but you responded i dont even care how new you are to the sight. It depends on what's your's is about? If you wanna look to see if you like mine i have the first chapter posted in YA SYW. Legend of the FREAKS is its name.