PDA

View Full Version : Call for Submissions - Etopia Press [Royalty Only]

PatriciaLaBarbera
10-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Greetings,

I'm an editor at Etopia Press, and my categories include well-crafted horror, mystery, and literary novels, novellas, and short stories (minimum 2,500 words).

Royalty rates are 40% for e-publishing and 7% for print. This is a new company, so there are no figures for authors' averages.

Please check the submission guidelines at http://etopiapressblog.wordpress.com/submission-guidelines/

Authors may e-mail their manuscripts to submissions@etopiapress.com or to me directly at editor@patricialabarbera.com.

I'm looking forward to reading your work.

Regards,

Patricia La Barbera
editor@patricialabarbera.com
www.patricialabarbera.com

Maryn
10-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Hi. Thanks for sharing the opportunity. One problem, though. (Don’t worry, it’s an easy fix.)

We ask that pay rates be included in the subject line of all Paying Markets posts. (See the RULES OF THE PAYING MARKETS FORUM: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING A NEW THREAD/COMMENTING (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11828) thread.) Your post doesn’t include the pay rate at all, much less in the subject line.

Experience says that expecting AW members to get the information from a website you’ve linked won’t do it. In fact, we’ve found it fairly common for the linked guidelines to have no mention of specific pay rate, and a lot of reading for us to determine that it's simply not there.

Why do we need this? We've had repeated problems with our members being critical of pay rates. By putting what you're paying for how many words right in the subject line, AW’s writers need never even open posts for paying markets whose pay rate they consider unacceptable for themselves. Problem solved--but only if everyone posting complies with our rules.

It will help us a lot if you edit your post to include the royalty rate and what your authors average, or what you anticipate if you have not yet paid enough authors for a meaningful average to exist. Contact the board moderator to add the information to your subject line.

Maryn, thanking you in advance (and tipping her hat, too, because hey, it's Friday!)