The Governor asked me to write you...

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
WTF? Does anyone else get letters that start out this way, or is it just that I have me some bizarre-ass karma going on?

I have no idea where the Governor would have gotten involved.

It is very amusing :D :D

backslashbaby: when she talks, people listen
:ROFL:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
:D. Or an invite to a nifty fund-raising, eh?

Nope. No joke. It's not a form letter. :ROFL:

ETA: It actually says her name instead of 'the Governor,' but I don't want her to be able to google and see my WTF :D

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got a congratulations card from the govoner when my son was born.

We didn't know him; it was a nice idea but seemed a bit disingenuous, really.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I sent the governor a nice thank you note after my stay of execution.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I often get letters from high-ranking government administrators in Nigeria . . .

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
my gov'ner is my butler. he buttles. i call him gov'ner. "gov'ner, please...get daddy a chocolate martini! daddy wants it now, gov'ner."

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I met a few governors, but David Patterson was my favorite. Jessie Ventura was a dick

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Actually, the Governor has never asked me to write to you.

Now, there is this one Prince from Nairobi....

Don't even joke. I actually met a few people IN Nairobi who ACTUALLY do this sort of thing in internet cafes. for reals. (-:

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
You can't spell Nairobi without R.O.B.

I think we have the culprit

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Two years ago I got a phone message with a voice I recognized from years earler - it began "Hi, This is Newt Gingrich. Now it's more important than ever to ..."

Funny though, he didn't say "Hi, Ben, this is Newt Gingrich, I have something very important to talk to you about. Please give me a call back at ..." I suppose he didn't have the time to make a PERSONAL appeal over the phone.
The only time politicians ever contact me is with form letters when they want my vote.
Woops, I guess I just gave away which political party I'm registered with ... but then it must be public record and that's how Newt (and several other Republican politicians two years ago) got my name.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Woops, I guess I just gave away which political party I'm registered with ... but then it must be public record and that's how Newt (and several other Republican politicians two years ago) got my name.

Not to me...until you spelled it out in the parenthesis. I've only ever heard of the name before. I know nothing about him other than he has the name the same as a newt.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, we get letters from every major party at every level of Government come election time... I'm not actually registered with any parties.

I'm still waiting for the Prime Minister to send me a personalised letter saying, "Thanks for voting for me, Cliff, you're a great writer and I want to help you get published."

I could be waiting a while... at least a year or so...

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I once sold the queen some kool aid. does that count as being close to kind of sort of getting a letter from the gov'ner. it was in a dixie cup. she paid me a dime. and she Actually drank it. and she didn't get any on her fabulous poofy dress. but she didn't write me a letter.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
The Queen sent my grandparents a letter last year for their 50th wedding anniversary. I've totally got an "in" with the royal family now.

oh...my grandparents got that letter too! from the queen and the prime minister. (-; Canadians get the best of both worlds.

but i really did sell the queen kool aid. that has to account for something here.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
oh...my grandparents got that letter too! from the queen and the prime minister. (-; Canadians get the best of both worlds.

but i really did sell the queen kool aid. that has to account for something here.

Does that mean she's part of your cult now? Will she be listening to good music anytime soon?

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
yes. why just yesterday i saw the queen thrashing around her grand ball room to BODIES. I was like, "Oh Queenie, do tell!" I did some slamming with her, if you must know.