I'm trying to find my sister and put her to rest.

cooeedownunder

Grateful for the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.australianflavour.net
I haven’t been in this section of the world for a bit. I’ve been caught up writing and pondering the world. I would have loved to have gone and spammed every single person I’ve meet here, as well as those I haven’t, and every forum, but well here we are.

Some know and some have noticed by my signature that I have a sister, Tracey, who has been missing since 1993. The last known conversation she had is in 1993 with her dad, the night before she was due to attend court for custody of her then almost 3yr old daughter.

Tracey was 20 years of age.

Her family do not believe she is alive.

This December we have been promised that the cold case police will reopen her case and that a reward might be offered for information.

I'm normally a pretty private type of person, but well, here we go. We all have stories to tell, I imagine. This is a little of mine. I was six years older than Tracey, and we had a sister who was adopted out at birth. Lisa was three years younger then myself and 3 years older than Tracey. Lisa spent years trying to find us, and she did. Lisa found us when I was in my early 20’s.

I was 31 and it was just after my own daughter was born I found out Tracey had been missing for 4 years. Yep, crazy and too hard to explain how this can happen here. After this, my family were torn apart, and Lisa and I spent years trying to find Tracey, then Lisa was murdered by her boyfriend about 8 years ago, who is now serving an 18 year sentence.

I started up a missing person site then the face book page a couple or few years ago to try to find Tracey. There has been some recent communication on the facebook page, but because I can only place on it known facts, it would be easy for some to draw conclusions by what I have written here, and there. But the case is much more complicated than has merely been stated here and from some old newspaper articles I placed on facebook and the recent comments placed there.

If anyone here is on facebook and feels they would like to support a worthy cause, my mum and I could certainly do with and would be extremely grateful with help making Tracey’s case more well known. Joining the facebook group page and passing on the link to other friends, can only help.

The first link directly below SR is the facebook group page.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know this is something you have carried with you for a long time. I hope you can find your sister, peace and closure. Best of luck, and best wishes my friend :Hug2:

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I can't imagine the agony of not knowing. All the best to you and I hope you can find closure, one way or another.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I joined.

I wish there was something I could do or say to make this nightmare end.

If ya ever need something done here in the US and I can help, let me know.

cooeedownunder

Grateful for the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I know this is something you have carried with you for a long time. I hope you can find your sister, peace and closure. Best of luck, and best wishes my friend :Hug2:

I just said somewhere else that it isn't something you carry everyday. The light loadens to some degree, but yes, its been there for a long time, but it fades and just kind of becomes a dull ache that you wish you didn't have.

cooeedownunder

Grateful for the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I can't imagine the agony of not knowing. All the best to you and I hope you can find closure, one way or another.

Thanks for your kind comments. Yep, it's the not knowing, the speculation, insinuation, that is crazy and leaves you with a bitter taste because there doesn't seem an ending to it all.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Another option is to add your sister to the biggest missing-persons database in the world. It started up for US citizens and law enforcement agencies, but there are now people from most of the English-speaking world listed there. Visit http://www.doenetwork.org/

Some of the stories there will break your heart, as your own story breaks ours. But it seems to me as though the more people who see your sister's photograph, the more might be identified who knew her, who frequented the places she did, who knew some of the same people, and therefore the more likely it is that someone, somewhere, will realize they have information that could make a difference and come forward with it.

Meanwhile, you've got our best hopes.

Maryn, in a rare serious moment

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I can't imagine the strength it takes to go through what you have. I wish you more and more peace.

You might join a big forum called Websleuths and post about Tracey there. Those folks are big into doing what they can about missing people and murders, etc.

cooeedownunder

Grateful for the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks guys and Maryn I'll take a look at that site.

I think I visited Websleuths a few years back and that they had some of Tracey's information, but I'll go and have another look.

Cheers