Images that Inspire You

KodyBoye

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodyboye.com
Hey all,

Hope everyone's well. I was looking at a few pictures of space and thought I would start up a thread about images (either iconic or not) that inspire you to the point of awe.

Here are mine.

Atlas bearing the Earth

72997_462503388232_594383232_5532825_6387612_n.jpg

The Eagle Nebula, otherwise known as the Pillars of Creation

73748_462503428232_594383232_5532826_225960_n.jpg

Last edited:

KodyBoye

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodyboye.com
I removed the photo of the Mona Lisa because it was setting off my virus scanner. Wanted to do it for the safety of others.

milly

seeing sparks
Registered
Reaction score
the pic I have of my newborn daughter gripping my pointer finger just minutes after she was born :)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Kody, you are welcome to share pictures in this room, but please first save them to an image sharing site such as Photobucket before they are copied to AW.

Thank you.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
A picture I took one early morning while snowmobiling in the Snowy Range.

Standing there in the snow, looking up at the landscape; for a moment there were no other people. No snowmobiles, no sound. Just the cold sun through the shadows of lonesome trees.
Perhaps it was simply the beauty that filled me with so much awe, but I felt like no one could feel empty standing in that moment. I wanted to keep that picture, keep that breath of frigid, sweet, air, and not move from it.

coldsunjq3.jpg

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
grave.jpg

angel.jpg

piccie2.jpg

These are just a few pics I have take within the past few years. I dabble in photography. Nature is a big inspiration along with death... I have hundreds of pic that I have taken that appeal to me for one reason or another.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
The famous photo by Alfred Eisenstaedt, "V-J Day in Times Square". I like it because it reminds me of my late parents, part of the World War II generation...their struggles, hopes, and dreams, the sacrifices they made for me and my brothers and sisters.

sailor_kissing_nurse_2.jpg

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
The famous photo by Alfred Eisenstaedt, "V-J Day in Times Square". I like it because it reminds me of my late parents, part of the World War II generation...their struggles, hopes, and dreams, the sacrifices they made for me and my brothers and sisters.

sailor_kissing_nurse_2.jpg

There was a great article about this pic and how it came about linked on AW recently(I cannot find it :( )