Bugatti Veyron

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has ever driven, been driven in, or even seen a Bugatti Veyron driven in person? A character in my story's got one, and I'm looking for those little touches.

I've researched all the big stuff, watched endless videos, got the technical nuts and bolts down (well, as technical as I need for my story), but I can't find anywhere here in the North East where I can observe one. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the car to share the little stuff google wouldn't turn up- a smell, a sound, what it feels like to drive at highway high speeds (as opposed to race track high speeds), that sort of thing. Really, anything.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Considering there's only been three hundred and some made, you're gonna be hard pressed to find a close encounter of the third kind here on AW.

But to tide you over until you find one of these rare creatures, here's one of my alltime favorite bits of automotive journalism:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article596580.ece

ETA - I drove a Jaguar XKR and sat in a freshly uncrated Aston Martin Vanquish, but still, that's not even the same ballpark. 'Twas nice, though.

Last edited:

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Perks! I suspect you're right, but I've got to try. The car was originally meant to serve as little more than an accessory to explain the level of wealth I'm talking about with this character, and it's becoming almost a character of its own. The car will not be ignored. It's a whole other level of automobile, and I don't know jack about cars.

Here's one that made it to the US... for a bit, anyway. Ow.

whacko

Keeping up with the class
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Giant Baby,

I don't know if you've ever seen a tv show called Top Gear, but the Bugatti has been on the show several times.

Here's a clip for you. It involves one of the presenters, in a Veyron, racing the other two presenters, in a light aircraft, from Italy to England.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoK4QYwixDc

Hallen

Mostly annoying
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen one in a show room. It's smaller than you would expect. Fit and finish is excellent, which isn't always something you find on super cars. Other than that... I can't help much.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Perks, word. :(

Hi Giant Baby,

I don't know if you've ever seen a tv show called Top Gear, but the Bugatti has been on the show several times.

Here's a clip for you. It involves one of the presenters, in a Veyron, racing the other two presenters, in a light aircraft, from Italy to England.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoK4QYwixDc

Thanks, Whacko! Top Gear has been extremely helpful during my research. I love that one because it shows the car driving more the way my character would need to drive it, rather than the usual "racing the fighter jet" stuff (which is amazing too, but hard to pull off on the Mass Pike).

Hallen, your observations are actually quite informative, especially your impression of the size. That's sort of hard to gauge in pictures. Thanks so much!