PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Struggling with Promotion

Bookmama
10-24-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm a relative newbie to the Water Cooler, but I've been writing for a while. I'm published and what I'm struggling with the most right now is believing in what I've produced and learning to push it forward.

I listened to a Jack Canfield talk the other day where he liked the process of writing and and creating to a maternal process -- giving birth and then said that promotion is more the paternal process of getting your baby's needs taken care of and pushing so your child has the opportunities it needs to become all it can. I thought this was interesting.

Is there a portion of the Water Cooler where folks can hang out and discuss promotion. I know there is the "Announcements, Events and Self-Promotion" -- guess I can post a new thread in there, though what I wanted to do was not so much promote my work, as talk about the challenge of changing hats, from writer to author who will fall flat on his/her face if he/she doesn't get over feeling shy or unconfident or other issues.

Thoughts?

thehairymob
10-24-2010, 07:03 PM
:hi::hooray:

MaryMumsy
10-24-2010, 08:12 PM
If you scroll down the main page to the section titled "publishing", you'll see that the last sub forum there is for book promotion ideas and advice. Congrats on being published, and good luck.

MM