PDA

View Full Version : Formality/Socializing Poll

Dario D.
10-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Just wondering how people see this... There is no middle option, because I only want to know which of the above two, specifically, people at least LEAN more toward. (a middle option would just be a vote gravity-well)

Summonere
10-24-2010, 08:10 PM
When socializing in an environment

I'm with you so far.

... with no real conversation going...

Do you mean no one is talking, or do you mean that the talk is "superficial and meaningless"?

scarletpeaches
10-24-2010, 08:11 PM
I answered no, because in such an instance I would be bored or desirous of leaving, both negative emotions.

Summonere
10-24-2010, 08:50 PM
I can't help but send positive vibes. I'm this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI58wj4b4g0).

Williebee
10-24-2010, 08:53 PM
I would send true feelings/vibes. But they might be expressed as, "OK, what's next?"

backslashbaby
10-25-2010, 03:04 AM
I'd always be vibing authentically, but my formal ones aren't just for show. So I'd be formal in a more formal situation, casual where that's what you do, etc. It's all authentic.

Unless I'm only being polite because smacking someone just isn't done in the situation ;)

Vito
10-25-2010, 03:28 AM
My 23-year-old niece told me that I have "no vibe". Vibeless, I guess you could say.

She also said that I have "no groove", whatever that means. Grooveless.:Shrug:

backslashbaby
10-25-2010, 03:37 AM
My 23-year-old niece told me that I have "no vibe". Vibeless, I guess you could say.

She also said that I have "no groove", whatever that means. Grooveless.:Shrug:

:D I bet you got soul, Vince. Tell her that! Listen to a little Muddy Waters, first, though. You have to say it just right ;)

Dario D.
10-25-2010, 03:44 AM
Do you mean no one is talking, or do you mean that the talk is "superficial and meaningless"?
Superficial and meaningless.

-

Thanks for the input so far, all. :)

Vito
10-25-2010, 04:19 AM
:D I bet you got soul, Vince. Tell her that! Listen to a little Muddy Waters, first, though. You have to say it just right ;)

No vibe, no groove. No soul, either. I'm pathetic! :e2bummed:

C.bronco
10-25-2010, 04:20 AM
I have no clue. Someone else would have to tell me if I do or not.

Vito
10-25-2010, 04:27 AM
Thanks for the input so far, all. :)

Just in case you're wondering, I didn't vote. Being vibeless, I thoughtfully recused myself from the poll. It's the right thing to do, I think.

Vito
10-25-2010, 04:32 AM
I have no clue. Someone else would have to tell me if I do or not.

I can tell that you're superficial and meaningless, just by lookin' at ya. A big phoney-baloney!

Cella
10-25-2010, 04:40 AM
I'm no good at faking. It's usually pretty obvious if I don't want to be somewhere.

sunandshadow
10-25-2010, 05:05 AM
Does it even count as socialization if there's no conversation going on? (Unless you're touching the other person, that can substitute for talking.) I don't know how others see me, but if no one's talking to me I'm probably either reading or working.

Summonere
10-25-2010, 05:25 AM
Originally Posted by Summonere

Dario D.
Superficial and meaningless.

That would be a political rally, not a genuine social occasion.

Rhoda Nightingale
10-26-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm with Scarlett. I'd be bored. But I'm also fairly comfortable with silence and/or cardboard conversation. Gives me an opportunity to tune out and work on my characters in my head.

Florence Nightingale
10-31-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm always putting out good vibes. People are drawn to me like a magnet.

frimble3
11-01-2010, 12:24 AM
If it's one of those 'tedious chit-chat until the boss leaves, so we can also leave' occasions, why expose real feelings and emotions? You'll probably make the chit-chatters feel uncomfortable. And if it's a mixed group of people-you-know and people-you-don't, you don't want to say things to/about the wrong people.
I like to think of this as discretion, not cowardly politicking.