Formality/Socializing Poll

When socializing in an environment with no real conversation going, do you send TRUE positive vibes?

• Yes, at least when I can. Maybe others pump formality, but I try to say things that I mean.

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Usually not, unless I really care about the people and/or the moment.

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

Dario D.

Just wondering how people see this... There is no middle option, because I only want to know which of the above two, specifically, people at least LEAN more toward. (a middle option would just be a vote gravity-well)

Summonere

Registered
Reaction score
When socializing in an environment

I'm with you so far.

... with no real conversation going...

Do you mean no one is talking, or do you mean that the talk is "superficial and meaningless"?

Reaction score
I answered no, because in such an instance I would be bored or desirous of leaving, both negative emotions.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I'd always be vibing authentically, but my formal ones aren't just for show. So I'd be formal in a more formal situation, casual where that's what you do, etc. It's all authentic.

Unless I'm only being polite because smacking someone just isn't done in the situation ;)

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
My 23-year-old niece told me that I have "no vibe". Vibeless, I guess you could say.

She also said that I have "no groove", whatever that means. Grooveless.:Shrug:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
My 23-year-old niece told me that I have "no vibe". Vibeless, I guess you could say.

She also said that I have "no groove", whatever that means. Grooveless.:Shrug:

:D I bet you got soul, Vince. Tell her that! Listen to a little Muddy Waters, first, though. You have to say it just right ;)

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the input so far, all. :)

Just in case you're wondering, I didn't vote. Being vibeless, I thoughtfully recused myself from the poll. It's the right thing to do, I think.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I have no clue. Someone else would have to tell me if I do or not.

I can tell that you're superficial and meaningless, just by lookin' at ya. A big phoney-baloney!

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm no good at faking. It's usually pretty obvious if I don't want to be somewhere.

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
Does it even count as socialization if there's no conversation going on? (Unless you're touching the other person, that can substitute for talking.) I don't know how others see me, but if no one's talking to me I'm probably either reading or working.

Summonere

Registered
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Summonere
Do you mean no one is talking, or do you mean that the talk is "superficial and meaningless"?

Dario D.
Superficial and meaningless.

That would be a political rally, not a genuine social occasion.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with Scarlett. I'd be bored. But I'm also fairly comfortable with silence and/or cardboard conversation. Gives me an opportunity to tune out and work on my characters in my head.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
If it's one of those 'tedious chit-chat until the boss leaves, so we can also leave' occasions, why expose real feelings and emotions? You'll probably make the chit-chatters feel uncomfortable. And if it's a mixed group of people-you-know and people-you-don't, you don't want to say things to/about the wrong people.
I like to think of this as discretion, not cowardly politicking.