The Warrior's Way

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Ninjas in the Old West.
(I'm not sure if it's the actual Old West, or just something with a similar look.)

We got Barrie M. Osborne as a producer, whatever that's worth.
Beyond that I'll let the trailer speak for itself.

I am confused as to why someone would drag their sword through the ground though...

IMDB cast
One of them is credited as "Hell Rider in The Fog" ...okay.

Last edited:

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am confused as to why someone would drag their sword through the ground though...

Rule of Cool I suppose. But I'm with you. It also confuses me why people in martial arts movie-duels go with the overhand strike when the opponent is coming with the bottom-up gut-slice that always wins out. You're totally exposed with your hands in the air like you just don't care, then have the nerve to look stunned and disappointed when you get eviscerated. Psh. Freaking ninjas...

Lhun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Rule of Cool I suppose. But I'm with you. It also confuses me why people in martial arts movie-duels go with the overhand strike when the opponent is coming with the bottom-up gut-slice that always wins out. You're totally exposed with your hands in the air like you just don't care, then have the nerve to look stunned and disappointed when you get eviscerated. Psh. Freaking ninjas...
Well that kinda goes both ways. The other guy is wide open to strikes from above, so in the end it just comes down to who is faster since they both suck at tactics. Kind of like you never see anyone win poker in a movie because of tactical play, and hardly because of a good bluff. Most often, they just go all in and hope for the better cards, winning by sheer luck.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Kind of like you never see anyone win poker in a movie because of tactical play, and hardly because of a good bluff. Most often, they just go all in and hope for the better cards, winning by sheer luck.

And this differs from real life how?

It's a game of chance. At the end of the day all anyone has is a hope that the odds hold true (when they have the cards) and don't (when they don't).

Lhun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
And this differs from real life how?

It's a game of chance. At the end of the day all anyone has is a hope that the odds hold true (when they have the cards) and don't (when they don't).
A game having a random element doesn't make the game random. Poker is more tactical than most even.