PDA

View Full Version : How did this happen!? i-pod reveals a chasm between us!

KTC
10-23-2010, 11:14 PM
I am sitting here, writing, and my wife's i-pod is in the Skull Candy dock on the kitchen counter. So I turned it on to shuffle...and kept the remote beside me so I could move to the next song if I ever have to.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Next song, next song, next song, next song.

Apparently, we have no musical tastes in common...which is shocking to me since we've been going to concerts together since 1983. I knew she hated Leonard Cohen...I knew he wouldn't suddenly materialize on her i-pod. But come on! I'm listening to every fourth or fifth song. It's shocking!

Is a divorce imminent?

BenPanced
10-23-2010, 11:26 PM
No, it just means her iPod's broken and you need to fix it by loading the right music onto it. Now.

KTC
10-23-2010, 11:32 PM
No, it just means her iPod's broken and you need to fix it by loading the right music onto it. Now.

Oh my GOD! You may be right!!!! She is gone until tomorrow. Maybe while she's away, I can fix it!

She has no 80s punk or new wave. No disco. No...dare I say it...Michael Jackson!!!!!!!!!! NONE!

Yes, Ben...it's broken. I will make it my duty to fix it.

backslashbaby
10-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Just tell me you see some early Bowie. No Bowie, no lovin'. That's my advice.

Cella
10-23-2010, 11:36 PM
I dunno, I'm more inclined to thnk kevin's ears are broken....

:D

KTC
10-23-2010, 11:37 PM
Just tell me you see some early Bowie. No Bowie, no lovin'. That's my advice.

Thankfully, she has some sense. There is plenty of young Bowie. I do believe she loaded my Bowie's greatest hits. Thank the lord for small favours.

KTC
10-23-2010, 11:38 PM
I dunno, I'm more inclined to thnk kevin's ears are broken....

Smack, smack, smackity smack.

KTC
10-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Oh thank god! she's not a total heathen. Jeff Buckley just came on.

Cranky
10-23-2010, 11:41 PM

Well, that's a relief! I almost had to drag my husband to marriage counseling when I discovered his shameful love of *shudder* Billy Joel.

Thankfully, he also admires Al Green, so we narrowly avoided catastrophe.

KTC
10-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Well, that's a relief! I almost had to drag my husband to marriage counseling when I discovered his shameful love of *shudder* Billy Joel.

Thankfully, he also admires Al Green, so we narrowly avoided catastrophe.

Well, my wife's love of....ack, I don't even want to say it...the white stripes is shocking me. I don't know how much white stripes is on this i-pod, but it seems like they come up every second or third song.

Cranky
10-23-2010, 11:45 PM
*feels KTC's forehead*

Do you have a fever? The White Stripes rulez!!

*runs from thread, shouting the lyrics to Seven Nation Army*

KTC
10-23-2010, 11:50 PM
*feels KTC's forehead*

Do you have a fever? The White Stripes rulez!!

*runs from thread, shouting the lyrics to Seven Nation Army*

I like MAYBE 3 ws songs. tops. i prefer my i-pod...which has about 200 cure songs on it.

KTC
10-23-2010, 11:53 PM
PS....not that there's anything wrong with a little Piano Man every now and again. (-:

Cranky
10-23-2010, 11:59 PM
PS....not that there's anything wrong with a little Piano Man every now and again. (-:

No. Please. Anything but that. I could deal with "Tell Her About It". Piano Man is so...treacly. Ew.

KTC
10-24-2010, 12:03 AM
No. Please. Anything but that. I could deal with "Tell Her About It". Piano Man is so...treacly. Ew.

i'm guilty of having a sentimental attachment to it. (-: I worked in a record store when it was released. Don't anybody here ask me what a record is, or i'll throw one at your throat frisbee style and cut your head off.

Cranky
10-24-2010, 12:07 AM
In that case, you get a pass.

And just for the *ahem* record, my stepfather had Quiet Riot on vinyl. My mother's collection was stupendous. I totes know records. And eight track, too. Not to mention laser disc....

*wanders away, muttering about the good old days*

KTC
10-24-2010, 12:09 AM
In that case, you get a pass.

And just for the *ahem* record, my stepfather had Quiet Riot on vinyl. My mother's collection was stupendous. I totes know records. And eight track, too. Not to mention laser disc....

*wanders away, muttering about the good old days*

I was the only one in my group of friends to have a portable 8-track player. I was the envy of my 1975 neighbourhood.

backslashbaby
10-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Didn't Billy Joel do that one that goes, "I don't care what you say anymore; this is my life..."? That one is a definite guilty pleasure of mine!

Quiet Riot? Not so much :D

KTC
10-24-2010, 12:13 AM
Didn't Billy Joel do that one that goes, "I don't care what you say anymore; this is my life..."? That one is a definite guilty pleasure of mine!

Quiet Riot? Not so much :D

yes...that is indeed Joel.

Cranky
10-24-2010, 12:16 AM
I was the only one in my group of friends to have a portable 8-track player. I was the envy of my 1975 neighbourhood.

I had a very nice blanky my auntie knitted for my brand new self that year. I was the envy of the other day-care kids. :D

Quiet Riot isn't my thing, either, backslashbaby, but I've gotta give my stepdad credit for introducing me to Meatloaf, Black Sabbath and for a rendition of "My Sharona" that will have me laughing on my deathbed. LOL

Shadow_Ferret
10-24-2010, 12:45 AM
My wife's and my tastes are very dissimilar, too.

Of the bands we do like, I like their early stuff and she likes their crap stuff.

KTC
10-24-2010, 12:48 AM
Of the bands we do like, I like their early stuff and she likes their crap stuff.

lol. that part made me crack up. it's true, though...early stuff always seems better...no matter the artist.

i have my daughter to share leonard cohen love with. we hit his toronto concert a couple of years back. got her a ticket for her birthday. my wife was all, "don't get her that!!!!! talk about punishment! what did she do to deserve the worst birthday present ever!!!!???"

she LOVED the present.

KellyAssauer
10-24-2010, 01:48 AM
plenty of young Bowie.

my i-pod...which has about 200 cure songs on it.

80s punk or new wave.

*grabs up my i-pod, checks mix of Sonic Youth, Nirvana, first album and a half of Smashing Pumpkins, early REM, They Might be Giants, Violent Fems, King Missile, Joan Jett, Jane's Addiction, The Smiths, 200 plus Cure tunes, early Bowie, all those great hard to find B-sides from Join the Dots, 10,000 Maniacs, The Replacements, James, Elliot Smith.*

*Sets i-pod slowly down and walks carefully away before Kevy proposes...*

BenPanced
10-24-2010, 04:40 AM
No, EVERYTHING is wrong with Piano Man. Srsly wrong.

kayleamay
10-24-2010, 04:43 AM
My husband put an 80's butt rock playlist on my iPod. If I can survie Whitesnake, you can survive a lack of Leonard Cohen. Suck it up, meathead.

KTC
10-24-2010, 05:37 AM
My husband put an 80's butt rock playlist on my iPod. If I can survie Whitesnake, you can survive a lack of Leonard Cohen. Suck it up, meathead.

whitesnake? i'd kill myself. dead. twice.

Cella
10-24-2010, 05:38 AM
why? are whitesnakes poisonous?

KTC
10-24-2010, 05:43 AM
why? are whitesnakes poisonous?

poisonous to my sensitive but wonderful musical sensibilities. Daddy don't do whitesnake.

Cella
10-24-2010, 05:45 AM
well, you are a sophisticated Boom Boom after all....whatever that is

dolores haze
10-24-2010, 06:08 AM
Hating Leonard Cohen is definitely grounds for divorce.

Xelebes
10-24-2010, 06:33 AM
My Ipod, if I had one, would be chockful of Jeff Mills, Pete Skank, A Guy Called Gerald, Pet Shop Boys, Kraftwerk, Carl A Finlow, Mad Mike, Anthony Rother, Steve Roach and so on and so forth.

KTC
10-24-2010, 06:50 AM
well, you are a sophisticated Boom Boom after all....whatever that is

OH MY GOD! It's one of the best Dead or Alive albums. HELLO! Before that radio shit they put out about spinning you right round right round, baby. Jesus. Some people!

http://991.com/newGallery/Dead-Or-Alive-Sophisticated-Boo-413873.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophisticated_Boom_Boom

Button
10-24-2010, 07:07 AM
I don't get you kids and your newfangled rock music.

KTC
10-24-2010, 07:42 AM
I don't get you kids and your newfangled rock music.

who are you callin' a kid. i was old when Barney Miller was the best sitcom on TV!

KTC
10-24-2010, 07:46 AM
He was the purple one, right?

yes. Barney fucking Miller was the purple one.

kayleamay
10-24-2010, 08:07 AM
"Damn kids and their Neil Sedaka records!"

GeorgeK
10-24-2010, 08:17 AM
i'm guilty of having a sentimental attachment to it. (-: I worked in a record store when it was released. Don't anybody here ask me what a record is, or i'll throw one at your throat frisbee style and cut your head off.

Dude, what's a frisbee? (ducks laughing behind a couch wondering whatever happened to his grandmother's wind up phonograph and Beethoven's 6th)

But seriously, are you sure that's your wife's I-Pod?

KTC
10-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Dude, what's a frisbee? (ducks laughing behind a couch wondering whatever happened to his grandmother's wind up phonograph and Beethoven's 6th)

But seriously, are you sure that's your wife's I-Pod?

who else could own it? we don't usually let other people stick i-pods into our skull candy!

Cella
10-25-2010, 06:46 AM
Smack, smack, smackity smack.
this post smacks of arrogance.

KTC
10-25-2010, 01:20 PM
this post smacks of arrogance.

Have you met me?

kayleamay
10-25-2010, 01:59 PM
^ this poster smacks of arrogance.

Cliff Face
10-25-2010, 02:13 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

KTC
10-25-2010, 03:08 PM
^ this poster smacks of arrogance.

your point, asshat?

KTC
10-25-2010, 03:08 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

wild is the wind on your keyboard!

JimmyB27
10-25-2010, 07:54 PM
My Dad went to school with David Bowie, and yet I still don't have any of his music. I really should rectify that - thanks for the reminder.

Yeshanu
10-26-2010, 09:46 PM

That's a relief. An iPod of any description without at least "THE" Jeff Buckley song on it is definitely broken. Even people with whom I have almost no musical tastes in common (like, um, Kevin) share that one song with me.

Hallelujah!

LaurieD
10-26-2010, 09:54 PM
My wife's and my tastes are very dissimilar, too.

This is how my hubs describes our music tastes too.

:wag:

CaroGirl
10-26-2010, 10:18 PM
My husband's iPod has such an eclectic mix of "stuff" you could get the following series of songs/artists at any given time:

Blueberry Hill by Chuck Berry
Veronica by Elvis Costello
Come on Feel the Noise by Quiet Riot
White Christmas by Bing Crosby
Sweet Dreams by The Eurythmics
something by Don Ho
I Want to Hold Your Hand by The Beatles
and so on...

How's that for a bag of Bits 'n' Bites, huh?