Done Ediitng

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
I have just finished my third and final edit. I truly feel my novel is ready for submission now. My query letter has been ready for a few weeks, but I knew better than to send it out before I was completely done.

I plan on starting the query process this weekend. Wish me luck, and don't forget to add any tips! :D

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well done, you!! And well done finishing before you queried - you'll be glad of that. :)

Enjoy yourself for a couple of days! Relax! Go and plant things...

Good luck with the querying!

Last edited:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I have no tips, sorry. I haven't queried anything yet. Just wanted to wish you the best of luck. And congrats on getting your novel done!!!

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
You're not done editing until you edit this thread title! :D

I do five queries a week, every week. And I check in on the Daily Rejection thread every day to commiserate with my fellow flagellants.

CGs and happy querying!

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!! :hooray::hooray::hooray:
I'd say query in batches of ten or so... you can tweak your query letter based on the responses (or lack thereof). :D

Suzan

Living the Dream...
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!! Send out in batches. If you don't get a request after twenty, re-work your query and re-send. BEST ADVICE? Don't give up and remember it only takes ONE YES.

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
Sent out Five Email Queries

Yes, I did! I spent the evening studying five agent websites, what type of query they prefer (all of this batch were email only), followed their guidelines to a tee (one said to write "Dear <his first name>).

I feel pretty good about now. I have stepped over the first hurdle, which was getting some queries out there.

I appreciate all the support you guys give me.

I have started writing the synopsis for when I send the batch of query letters to those who require a synopsis.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Good job, Susan. Now it's the waiting game, but at least now it's out there just waiting for that one yes to grab it up.

Best of luck to you. :)

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, I hated coming up with those synopsises. If a rejection heads your way, don't get discourage...send out some more...then more...until someone bites.